Helikon-Tex Foxtrot MK2

I picked one of these Foxtrot MK2 rigs that I've been eyeballing for quite some time now.
Been looking for a more streamlined rig to use when I'm out with my air gun Squirrel hunting.
I like to have a handgun with me when I'm in the woods, and I typically have it AIWB under all my clothes, which is less then optimal.

EJMP2CV.jpg

uf15aIe.jpg

1ZfnnCE.jpg

We have low 40's and no snow thanks to El Nino. And yesterday was a day I had some time before the Holiday fires up, SO I went out.

So far, I like the rig a lot, it rides well and is comfortable. Straps have plenty of adjustment over my Smock.

I added a Safari Drop down with a female connection for a ALS with my G17. I had a BFG Helium Whisper single mag pouch I got with some other stuff that I placed on the other side. The Bungee does not stay in place, So I may ditch it for a more secure pouch.

I typically carry a water bottle and a first aid kit along with some odds and ends and a cook stove and Cup along with some instant coffee and if I'm out all day, meal.

My Cold Steel SRK-C fits nicely on my right behind the holster.

It has Bungees on top for my gloves and compression straps on the bottom, which I used to hold my inflatable seat cushion.

About the only negative are the two canteen/Bottle pouches. They seem shallow and getting a cup in there took a bit of effort. it does have adjustable shock cord to secure the bottle in place. I recently picked up a Nalgene canteen that I may try next. If I don't like that, I am eyeing a Helikon Tex canteen pouch that I may use instead and bypass the one pouch and use the other for additional storage.

Overall, I'm happy with it, I''ll make some adjustments and report back.

I do. I was using A backpack, but you tend to carry more stuff as you have the capability to do so. I like having my bino's easily accessible, so I don't like a chest rig. I put a Nalgene Oasis canteen in the pouch, and it fits much better and more streamlined.
For a Day trip squirrel hunting it allows me to carry the essentials without overloading, which I tend to do.