• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Heliboard

Don't know about the other rifles. You will need to contact the guy that makes the Heliboard. I had one for a Redwolf a while ago.

It does come preprogrammed.

It does not program off a laptop. You program right from the gun.

There are 12 options s already programmed in,so one of those usually work. It is not difficult, time consuming to reprogram. You should be at least half-geek to program it.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: whyzee
Hi guys, just found this thread. I have contacted the guy that makes these and waiting to hear back. I would like to try to get it fitted in a RTI Prophet. I know there are many challenges, like no LCD or switches on the gun for programming but Im sure its possible. Right now I would like to wind myself a solenoid coil that would fit in the prophet and would like to know the number of windings and SWG if anyone has that info please? Also hammer weight and dimensions would help.
Thanks.

I just purchased a delta wolf and am curious about the same info you are asking. Not so much about the board though, more about the solenoid.

I think one would need to measure the wire size and resistance of the coil (would probably need to apply a voltage and measure current draw since it’s so low resistance). Then you could figure out number of turns.

Not sure if the prophet has room for such a coil.

Would be a fantastic project though.

Dave

I just purchased a delta wolf and am curious about the same info you are asking. Not so much about the board though, more about the solenoid.

I think one would need to measure the wire size and resistance of the coil (would probably need to apply a voltage and measure current draw since it’s so low resistance). Then you could figure out number of turns.

Dave
I recon my (normal) hammer when cocked has about 0.5 J energy. A 2000uf capacitor at 70v has 5J of energy. In theory there should be lots of spare energy even if the solenoid coil is quite inefficient. I cant find any info as to whether for a capacitor dump, more thin windings or less fat ones are better. Current is whats needed so I would think fat windings, but all pics of Daystate stuff looks like many this ones.

The dw has 3 680uf 80v caps.

My project gun is arduino based firing a mosfet to control a solenoid. At present, I’m using 50v but I don’t need a lot of power to open my valve. It is a pilot type valve and the poppet for the pilot is quite small. Similar to how the Leshiy2 fires.

The larger wire solenoids do best. They draw too amps at higher voltages so the duty cycle is quite low. A couple ms pulse doesn’t hurt them.

Dave

Dave
W/O a electric pressure transducer feeding the board what tank pressure is at ... no point in it.
The OEM regulator would need to go away, as the Mk3, Mk4, AW, RW, DW do not use pneumatic regulation.
They all work on full tank pressure what ever it might be.
There poppet valve is SMALL as is valves throat. If larger and being a conventional strike to open poppet a electro magnet solenoid would not get it opened.

Reactions: cavedweller
W/O a electric pressure transducer feeding the board what tank pressure is at ... no point in it.
The OEM regulator would need to go away, as the Mk3, Mk4, AW, RW, DW do not use pneumatic regulation.
They all work on full tank pressure what ever it might be.
There poppet valve is SMALL as is valves throat. If larger and being a conventional strike to open poppet a electro magnet solenoid would not get it opened.
I’m not sure about that. I had a DW and it has a regulator. I think the RW and AW are the same. I didn’t have the valve out my delta Wolf but from pics it looks about standard, say 8mm. A simple calculation shows it should be possible to get more energy from an electric system than most mechanical hammers have but I have only tried a simple bench test and it’s not easy to measure the solenoid impulse energy.

I have Heliboards here in the states. I get them from Jack.
I also have 2 spreadsheets for tuning and documenting your power level settings. Private message me your email and I will forward 2nd one to you.

Check the Barrel Tensioning video.

azxft.com

View attachment 345027
I am interested in the purchase of a heliboard. email is [email protected]