Heliboard vs Daystate programmer?

I've already been in contact for the Heliboard. I need to remove my circuit board and take some measurements to see if it fits. If it checks out I'll be ordering one.

The board IIRC is around $250.00 with 12 power settings. The Daystate programmer IIRC is $400 and three programs that are all interlaced.

Smitty

Hi Smitty. This is all new to me. Could you explain what interlaced means? Also if you get the Heliboard you can program the 12 power settings with no need for the Daystate hand held programmer. Is that correct? 

Thanks Michael

I've already been in contact for the Heliboard. I need to remove my circuit board and take some measurements to see if it fits. If it checks out I'll be ordering one.

The board IIRC is around $250.00 with 12 power settings. The Daystate programmer IIRC is $400 and three programs that are all interlaced.

Smitty

Hi Smitty. This is all new to me. Could you explain what interlaced means? Also if you get the Heliboard you can program the 12 power settings with no need for the Daystate hand held programmer. Is that correct? 

Thanks Michael

Others have A LOT more experience with the Programming of the Red Wolf. As far as I can tell the stock Red Wolf board has only three programs as you know. High, Med and Low, each of these seems to be interlaced (this may be the wrong word) as they are a percentage of the High Power settings. From what I've read you adjust several factors to adjust each of the Power Levels. So they seem to be all interdependent.

As far as I can tell the Heliboard has 12 Power Levels and each of those levels have 20 points of reference for bottle PSI. There seems to only be a couple of adjustments that needs to be programmed on each power level, I believe they are bottle pressure and dwell (dwell - solenoid open). The ability to take my Red Wolf 22 HP from 50 FPE (possibly higher to the mechanical limit) down to 12 FPE is very appealing. I should have mine apart tomorrow and get the measurements that he sent. If it will fit, I'll be ordering one. Of course this may void the warranty, But at that point the only thing that might have an issue is the solenoid. 

Smitty

Reactions: AirSupply
I can recommend the Heliboard 100% at least for an Air Wolf but have no experience with any programmer from Daystate.

IMHO 3 power settings is simply not enough to extract the full potential which the electronic Daystates have to offer because you

can set it to a lot of in-between power settings to suit your pellets better speed wise for more fine tuning tweaks where accuracy

is concerned.

CA

Reactions: No1jim
Thanks Smitty. That’s a lot of power settings! Amazing what can be done. I would like to be able to adjust the power of my RedWolf and to do it without needing the Daystate programmer would be a bonus. I don’t know if I want to be scrolling through 12 settings or need that many. I simple version with say 5 settings would be what I’d choose if available. 

I’ll be watching with interest. 

Any news on if or when this Heliboard will be available? I am getting a red wolf tomorrow and want to be able to tune my rifle to the speed I wish to shoot Ect. It seems the programmer is out of stock everywhere including AOA and it's not known if or when it will become available again!!!! Not a good situation to be in as far as my way of thinking!! Build a tun-able gun then can't supply the product needed to tune it!! Not very customer friendly in my book! J.L.

Any news on if or when this Heliboard will be available? I am getting a red wolf tomorrow and want to be able to tune my rifle to the speed I wish to shoot Ect. It seems the programmer is out of stock everywhere including AOA and it's not known if or when it will become available again!!!! Not a good situation to be in as far as my way of thinking!! Build a tun-able gun then can't supply the product needed to tune it!! Not very customer friendly in my book! J.L.

Air wolfs are the TESLAS of air guns