• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Heliboard tune. What have I got?

I bought a used Redwolf. Nice gun. my question is about the power ranges. the four in the middle are all in the mid1700 range. The rest correspond with my friends helliboard. I intended to shoot the 25 grs, but the range looks more like 18s instead. Putting it back to the original looks imposable from what seen so far. The original board programed to shoot the 25s was damaged but I think it can be repaired if it comes to that. The low powers are fun, the mid is now just one so my hope is to make the 25s work at the high range. I have an FX MK3 and a 257 Texan so it is meant for pellets only. I am basing this on the idea that maxing out the voltage to get the speed up for a 25grs is not good for accuracy. So what are those dwell settings on the board out there for the 25gr .

Thanks I just sent off a message and will try to be hopeful. I'm saying that because I know that being 72 and not tec savvy I will be the weakest link in that operation. But what about that 1700 pulse range? Was it just some big damn oop? Does anyone think that is a magic number and for what? If I can get those magic numbers for the 25s with the remaining high range, it would be fine too.

Thanks I just sent off a message and will try to be hopeful. I'm saying that because I know that being 72 and not tec savvy I will be the weakest link in that operation. But what about that 1700 pulse range? Was it just some big damn oop? Does anyone think that is a magic number and for what? If I can get those magic numbers for the 25s with the remaining high range, it would be fine too.
I think there is an old video out there somewhere of someone going through the programming. I never looked at the programming at all, and shot each setting with the different pellets to find the settings that worked best.

Someone may have overwritten some settings, so maybe that is what you are seeing if you are saying the middle 4 are all too similar? Did you shoot thr 25s at all the settings to see how they shot?

Jack should be able to send you an Excel sheet with all the default values. It'll be a pain to input them all, but it is doable.

For the settings in the upper range, they will have longer dwell times coupled with the Capacitor voltage. Rather tweaking the dwell settings you can lower the capacitor for a specific P# which will lighten the solenoid/hammer blow. This will help getting the 25s to the right speed.

You didn't say which Red Wolf you got - Regular or HP. Also, is it a GCU1 or GCU2 version? All this matters in regards to what the max power you will be able to get. What are the current speeds you are getting with the 25s in the higher P levels?

Reactions: Smok3y
Thank you It is 22, high power ranges are 2106, 2325, 2532, 2571 which is pretty much the same as my friend's high power. I called AOA and they said it was tuned by them to shoot the 25grs. At middle voltage too fast. I lowered the voltage on #9 and got the speed down to just under 1000 with good groups which gives me hope. No way am I going to try reprograming the middle ranges (although I do have a tec savvy young person next door). So, unless someone can tell me about the magic 1700 dwell, I will wait for the excel sheet and hire the young man to enter the data.

Hi DHC,
I also had to retune all settings on my heliboard HP .177
You need to do a lot of test shooting to find the correct Frequency for different pressures.

You want a 25 gr pellet to shoot 930 fps. (Example)

you first need to decide by guessing - how low pressure its possible to reach 930 fps.

Fist change the voltage so its like 2 voltage greater than minimum voltage.

Change so you will display also the Raw pressure Raw pressure is Heliboards is the pressure that the heliboard uses
Its calculated like this Bar (normal) = Raw Pressure * 0.244 +25

Examples 150,7 bar is 515 RPress

Prepare the rifle for shooting - having a bottle attached so you can refill to your test pressure after shooting a couple of shots.

There is 20 pressure values that need to find the Pulse width for.

I would in this case say that we should test at following range of bottle pressures 130 bar to 260 bar. This means in the heliboard 128.7 Bar (425 Praw) and 260,5 Bar (965 Praw) There 13 are pressure steps from 425 to 965 Praw but you dont need to try all 13 pressures each. With the Excel spreadsheet you don't need to test all settings, as it can interpolate some of the missing numbers.

So we choose to test and find the wanted 930 fps at following (Praw)s

425 - 560 - 695 - 830 - 920 - and 965

Then start shooting the pressure from high 965 Praw and test and find the pulsewidth where it hits 930 fps.
Refill to 965 and test.

note the Pulse width in a prepared scheme:
425 - 560 - 695 - 830 - 920 - and 965

Example
965 - Pulse width 2018

When ok then shoot some blanks until you are at 920 Praw find the pulse width for 920 where it hits 930 fps.
920 - Pulse width 1937

Shoot blanks down to 830 Praw and test and find what the pulse width should be for 830 to hit 930 fps.
830 - Pulse width 1832

And so on in the above steps down to the

425 - Pulse width 1529

If you cant reach the speed at the lower pressure you can stop testing.

Then you open the MCT program helper spreadsheet you got from Jack and enters the tested Pulse widths under the correct Praw and press Calculate.
The spreadsheet will calculate the missing frequencies.

Take the calculated frequencies and enter these at the Praw settings you skipped when test shooting.

Then when finished - shoot and you are done.

If you later decide you want to increase or decrease the speed you can now change the voltage up or down slightly to change the speed for that settings. (if you want 10 - 20 fps increase then try increase 0,5 Volt) (This is the reason you should not be on lowest voltage - having the possibility to decrease the hole shotstring by lowering the voltage is nice)

This how i did all my 12 tunes in my RedWolf Heliboard rifle.

I broke the guarantee seal after I had the rifle 2 days and replaced the original electronics with the heliboard.
The standard Redwolf Is far to locked from delivery but with the Heliboard it becomes the no. 1 rifle.

Enjoy - I know its sounds complicated but it is not - just some work that needs to be done.

Best regards

from Denmark

Options on heli board are almost endless once you figure it out 😜
I believe the voltage is how hard the hammer hits and the s- value is like the duration is the way I think of it so as air pressure goes down voltage down and more s value or am I thinking wrong?
You are right Voltage is the Power and The S - value is how long time this is added.
In the Delta Wolf you play with both on the same time so - it is sort of more difficult to figure out.

The goal is to have the hammer inside the coil to have the exact needed speed when it hits the valve.
The advantage is that the hammer can be light because the speed is controlled via the coil and electronic. It means it will always work fast and ensure the valve is closing again fast.

I personally don't believe the S value pulse means, that it holds the valve open during some time -
It is more like acceleration with low voltage needs longer pulse width to get the hammer to hit at a certain speed, compared to high voltage needs only short pulse width to accelerate the hammer to the same speed.
When the hammer hits the valve - the voltage and pulse time is long passed.

The selected voltage (V) is applied to the solenoid for (S) time in microseconds. The COMBINATION of these two creates a TOTAL ENERGY applied to the solenoid in very precise increments. The TOTAL energy results in an acceleration of the hammer to create strike energy. You can do higher V and lower S for the same TOTAL or the reverse... lower V and higher S... it ends up the same. Since the hammer has virtually zero drag or friction, the strike energy can be controlled precisely. As was mentioned above, this pulse is long gone when the hammer hits the valve. It's an electronically driven free flight hammer.

To emphasize one last thing... It's NOT an electronically controlled valve... It's an electronically driven free flight hammer...

☺ Bob