Heliboard has arrived

Hi All,

Sorry for the kate reply but looks like other members have answered most of your questions!!

Bob,

It is charging as we speak and is an HP. Picked up a couple extra batteries just in case as well!

Hoping to be able to get some shots in later today if things stay nice and calm at work!

The Kraford&Lypt butt piece is great. Have them on my Crowns as well and just live the feel of them and ease of use!! I picked mine up at Utah but most places stock them and come in a couple different colors.

Thanks all!

Hi Guys and Gals!!

Got to do some shooting today with the new board installed.

All shots were done with the 25.39 Redesigns. Only got to power 8 but below are the avg FPS I am seeing. Will add standard deviation and extreme spread etc. as I do more testing but wanted to get an idea of where it stands as is.

Power 12- 1004 FPS

Power 11 992 FPS

Power 10 980 FPS

Power 9. 967 FPS

Power 8. 956 FPS

Power 7 900 FPS (will do more testing as this seems like an extreme drop).

Jack is sending me a write up on how to fine tune each power level for more or less power and will post those when I get them.

Stay Safe!!

My Heliboard eventually got here (South Africa) and I fitted it to my Redwolf HP .22

In the next few days I hope to get down to some serious testing with all kinds of pellets. I did notice that when the gun is switched on and you pull the trigger, it shoots, whether you have a pellet in the breech or not. Is this normal?

I will post some of my results in due course

Well, higher power uses more air for each shot compared to lower power. I effectively only use up to 8 or 9 power setting (program#), after that it's way too much power and supersonic (loud). Haven't played around with tuning it yet - haven't had to, but will sometime soon. The default settings out of the box are pretty much all you'll ever need.

Yes that stands to reason, but on P3 with the bottle pressure at 193 bar the shotcount is 469!! That is almost a full tin of pellets, and it is not even close to 250bar (or 230 as some suggest as max fill pressure)

Going to be checking that when testing! Could be a game changer with lighter pellets.

I have a Huma moderator and it is not loud at the higher settings, but then I was shooting the heavier pellets and they don't go supersonic, which will produce the crack.

Preliminary testing with 25gr RD Monsters were doing around 920 fps on P8, 937fps on P9 and 960fps on P10

With 33gr Beasts on P11 I got 863fps (on P12 it showed s0, need to get my bottle filled so I can pump to 230/250bar)

Getting POI shift which is annoying, been doing it as long as I had the gun, need to find the cause. Really hoping this board will help.

I don't intend screwing around with the settings, with 12 of them I should find a P level and a pellet to match that will give me the accuracy I so badly want to achieve!

I have a .22 Uragan and at half the Redwolf price it shoots like a laser, if I can get my Wolf to shoot like that I would be happier than 12 pigs in the proverbial.

Just a guide but I have the heliboard in my .22 RW HP and here is a quick and dirty of power level vs. pellet weight...Standard deviation is far right.

20200908_124213.1607031005.jpg

Each board, and each gun/pellet combination does vary.

My RW HP .22 is shooting the 25.4s:

P8 - FPS over 1000, no accuracy, too loud

P7 - Avg. FPS of 955, S.D. 3.2, FPE is 31.9 ft-lbs

P6 - Avg. FPS of 907, S.D. 6.0, FPE is 29.2 ft-lbs

I find that from P4 - P7 I get about a 30 fps boost at each level, except between 6 and 7 it jumps about 45 fps.

At P7 I'm getting +25 fps compared to Dr. Mike. Huh??

SC, I think the variation might come in that the boards are set up differently for each level, we would have to compare the parameters of each to be sure, I am also thinking that a polished barrel might also be a little faster, there might be other factors as well. That effectively dispels the theory that the RW with Helliboard is accurate at P9 with 25gr Monsters or whatever, because each guy would have to do the work to experiment and see where HIS rifle works the best. I like to keep exhaustive notes on my testing, there is a combination of pellet and settings out there will work perfectly for my gun, I have no doubt about that. But each owner would have to go through the process himself.

Well Guys and Gals here she is....

View attachment 107512

Not bad shipping time from Greece!! Came very well packaged and no external damage to the box etc.

Now I just gotta convince myself I am not gonna break a very expensive gun and install it!!

Anyone install one that can give me any advice or tips before I jump in?

Thanks All!

A lot has happened since my last post in 2020, Almost 3 years on. I have a second Heliboard that I fitted to my new Redwolf Safari, and I dumped the Poly barrel for a 3 groove Benchmark barrel, to use as my 100 meter gun at unlimited competitions. I have dabbled a bit with slugs, I bought a test pack of Inferno (local South African) slugs and found the 23gr ones to be laser accurate, so I ordered 10 tins, only to find they are completely different to the test pack! They make a shotgun look good!
So back to the 25,4gr Redesigns. I wait for a windstill day and shoot groups at 75m and we all know that those pellets work like a charm at speeds around 920-980 fps, so with a chrony it is then possible to find a P level that is close to that, and tweak the voltage until you get a super tight 10 shot group. I get the groups so tight the pellets touch each other with maybe one that is a little away out of 10 shots at 75 meters. I run P8 at 91.5v One can tune the gun so precisely, going up or down with the volts, I dare say infinitely adjustable. The Heliboard turns any Redwolf into a supergun! Thank you Jack!