Height Dimension for FX Wildcat - Please help.

Hi,

I am new to the site. I have been shooting with my trusty RWS 34 for the last 3 years but I recently decided to get into the PCP world.

Anyway I just ordered my first PCP: FX Wildcat .22. AOA is expecting the next shipment first week of April. I cannot wait!!!

Would any Wildcat owners please help me by confirming the height of the bullpup (from the bottom of the butt stock to the top of the 11mm rail? I know that the total length is 29.9" but on the FX and AOA website, the height of the gun is not mentioned.

I would really appreciate your help! Thank you so much! Happy shooting!

Thank you so much FastEddie!!! I really appreciate your help! How are you enjoying your Wildcat?!

I am trying to see if this hardcase would fit with the gun outfitted with my scope and FX no limits ring mounts.

http://www.amazon.com/Plano-Weather-Tactical-Case-36-Inch/dp/B00E221A88

Also I am wondering if anyone's using the FX 3-stage pump? If so, how's the quality? Thanks again!

I'm lovin my wildcat. Its a .25. I have that exact case on my Amazon wish list, which I'm going to purchase soon. I also have fx no limit scope mounts with a Hawke sidewinder tactical 30 8.5-25x42. The price of that case went up $10 since yesterday. So from the bottom of the pistolgrip to the top of my vertical turret is 11 1/2 inches. Which leaves 1 1/2 inches. I believe the pull and pluck foam has a 2 inch border , so ill have to cut into it. No big deal. As far as the hand pump, I can't help you out. I have an omega 75 cf tank I get filled at my local paintball store. Those pumps are good for filling say up to 3000, but anything more is very difficult. The wildcat fills to 3300 so I didn't get a pump. Maybe you should look at getting a tank because of the wildcats high fill pressure to get the most shots per fill. I fill to 3300 down to 2000 , then refill. I get 48 shots (6 magazines). You will get more in the .22. Find out the fill pressure of the .22 and the psi rating of the pump. Good luck. Welcome to AGN. Your gonna love the wildcat. I shoot 1/2 inch groups at 65 yards if the conditions are good.

Thanks FastEddie. It's good to hear that you are loving your Wildcat. Nice results on the shooting!

I just got a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50mm scope with the higher turrets for the Wildcat. Like you, I ordered the FX no limit mounts, so my Wildcat will be the same height as yours. 3/4" on top and bottom is not much padding. Oh well. I wish Plano would make the height of the case 15-17", having the extra 1-2" would be nice.

The FX hand pump is rated up to 250 bars. I am on the fence with either getting the hand pump or tank. I don't mind getting a work out but I can see the limitations of using it, especially if I am hunting in the field. The 75 cf tank that you suggested is probably the best for all scenarios. It's compact enough to throw into the back of my vehicle. I will look into that more.

"eatwhatikill"That's sweet, Danhor7!!!
FastEddie: that's the Plano 36" case. I just got mine from amazon. I am thinking Pelican would probably sell replacement foam.
Thanks Sam,

I think now I'm going to cut this out of Stainless Steel and glue the foam to the back of it since the foam no longer has any structure to it.

It'll hold a variety of pellet tins for me too. :)