• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Heavy Duty Spinner Target by Paul aka Strikefast

I just wanted to give a shout out to Paul aka Strikefast for the H.D. spinner target that he made & so graciously let me keep. We tested it out after our air gun club's FT match last month. We used my FX Boss .30. Well needless to say the 80 fpe Boss didn't put a hurt on Paul's spinners. Did I mention that he made them heavy duty?? Here is a picture of the target. Those are the .30 44.75 gr. pellet marks on the faces.

This past weekend, I was sighting in my .45 Sam Yang 909S that Will Piatt has tuned for me. It is pushing a 150 gr. round ball a little over 800 fps. I was sighting in with 155 gr EPP-UG bullets that I got from Whyte's Leatherworks. I decided to try Paul's spinner target at 50 yards to see how it would hold up. Here is a picture after I had shot each spinner.

As you can see, it didn't even phase it. Like I said. It is HEAVY DUTY. Paul also makes some killer FT knockdown targets. I believe he builds what ever he or anyone else thinks up. I highly recommend contacting Paul if you need some steel targets. He's a great guy that makes a really nice product. By the way, my spinner target is a rapid prototype that he cobbled together real quick to test at the FT match.
Here is a picture of one of the bullets that hit the spinner. It was laying right in front of the target.

Any reactive target is a hoot! Nothing beats paper for sighting in a new scope or BR targets, but, after that reaction please, bells, wiffles, spinners,... ... .... .
One of our local GOB/Invicta club members has been selling us ( cant really ship them) spinners made from "300 stainless" whatever that is. No rust ever and the first one I tested with 30fpe in .22 at 15yards for 160 shots without issue. Unfortunity I asked him for some square ( diamond) shapped paddles and it turns out I'm to only shooter who like zeroing their scope that way but it's good to have extra paddles.

John

John, those spinners look gtreat! I have access to SS, Aluminum, brass, and steel but only tried steel as it is the easiest to weld. Working on several of types of new ideas on the dueling tree. I will get back into it after next weeks nationals....I am making several custom field targets for the raffle at the match.

I try to make my spinner targets "knock down" so it is easier and cheaper to ship in a flat box. I welded the above heavy spinner as I was giving it to Chris. I just slapped it together quickly to have it ready that week to test the thick discs. I would use other solid metal blanks instead of 1" angle for production pieces.

Your right, reactive targets are the best. Jimmy aka Camp Fussell and I had a blast shooting at grapes and ice cubes at 50 yards at Camp Fussel. We were using ,177 guns...His AA 500 and my Daystate MK4.....loads of fun...

Strikefast: that target is mighty nice. I may have to have my buddy fab me up something similar. Good to know the 909S holds up. I am picking one up this weekend!

John, I like those ringers! I am DEFINETELY going to do something like this for my Noblese. She would enjoy knocking those around, ...As would I. Lol. 

I can imagine any shooting at CampFussel would be a hoot. Jimmy is a cool cat. He got me INCREDIBLY dialed on this hobby. I just started shooting to 50yds yesterday (everything has been 35 and under so far) and I must say, even those it's only another 15yds it's challenging. I'm going to place grapes out tomorrow at the farm and see what I can do

Yeah Jimmys a hoot all right. Shooting the grapes and ice cubes is real fun.

Soon we will be working on bench rest shooting after this weekend's Field Target nationals.

I have a range with a covered double concrete bench. There are asphalt yardage markers in the ground out to 100 yds. I need to come up with new challenges out at that distance...