⬛ HEAVY .25cal PELLETS

As I just recently got into .25cal, and I needed an overview of what's out there.

So, here's my find of:

⬛ HEAVY .25cal PELLETS ⬛

▪30 grains and up.
▪From heavy to light(er):

⬛ 43.20gr
Seneca Hunting Pellet: Pointed
Rebranded by importer Air Ventury, from the original Eun Jin (South Korea).

➠ The point is just a stubby little rise of the tip.

⬛ 35.80gr
Seneca Hunting Pellet: Semi-Wadcutter

Rebranded* by importer Air Ventury, from the original Eun Jin (South Korea).

➠ It's called "domed" but it's really a semi-wadcutter — which could provide for some interesting terminal performance. 👍🏼

⬛ 33.95gr
JSB Heavy, MkI and MkII
Rebrands: FX

➠ These seem to be the pellets with the highest BC — of any caliber — somewhere between 0.045 and 0.055.
❎ But of course, we have very few BC numbers to compare with. With so many Labradars, FXs, and Garmin's out there, who's up for some useful shooting? 😊

⬛ 33.80gr
JTS Dead Center Domed

➠ With the quality control issues that JSB has been having since several years, maybe it's time we try a brand that is more in touch with its customers than the giant JSB. Even giants produce junk.

⬛ 33.95gr
Umarex Brimstone [Pellet]

⬛ 33.90gr
AEA Center Punch [33]

⬛ 31.00gr
RWS Superdome (Field Line)
➠ RWS is always low on BC with their .22cal offerings. I don't expect any high BC from this .25 offering, either — it has a funny outside ring on the nose that will doublessly produce neatly punshed round holes in paper targets — but that same ability increases drag significantly, I'd say....

⬛ 30.86gr
H&N Baracuda

🤔 There are very few BC numbers published on these pellets.
➠ Maybe it's time HardAir Magazine planned a .25cal BC testing session, increasing it's already wonderful BC database. 👍🏼

Cheers, 😊

Matthias

*Link: https://www.pyramydair.com/product/eun-jin-25-cal-35-8-grains-domed-100ct?p=239

Last edited:
Reactions: Revoman
@JungleShooter I was going to ask how you knew that the Seneca pellets are rebranded Eun Jin pellets until I looked them up. Even on the EunJin lids I read that they are imported by Air Venturi.

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 11.45.14 AM.png

Also found a GTA thread briefly discussing it. https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=178440.0

Thanks for the info.

Yea, the JSB King Heavy pellets shoot well from my Brocock Bantam Sniper. I like hunting with them because they're reliable.

Reactions: JungleShooter