Heart shot!

Well, I would say I hit that one just right. I'm using a .457 Texan CF slinging 350 grn NSA boat-tails. Shot was at 37 yards. Entered right behind the leg and exited through the opposite front leg. NO blood trail to follow, so I had to do a grid search. He was dead before he ran off and just didn't know it yet. He still made it 30-35 yards through the scrub.

Heart Shot.jpg

@scallen2112 Nice shot!! Amazing how many take airgun rounds and don’t leave blood trails.
I'm starting to prefer my crossbow if I am hunting somewhere I expect the range to be short. I've lost both deer and hogs for not having a trail to follow. Never a problem with the crossbow and Sevr broadheads.

I'm starting to prefer my crossbow if I am hunting somewhere I expect the range to be short. I've lost both deer and hogs for not having a trail to follow. Never a problem with the crossbow and Sevr broadheads.

Gonna have to agree here. I don’t see airgun being the “right tool”, when stocking this close a broad head is more effective. Or just use a 308 round, it’s not like many people are looking to be quiet for the second deer in the group like pesting pigeons. .