HEADS UP AIM Sports Alpha6 4.5-27x50 $229.99

...my Alpha 6 scope was junk...the windage adjustment is frozen and can barley be moved with channel locks...

that is exactly what I did to a discovery scope,, I did not realize they are push/pull knobs,,,yup,,,channelocks where involved

we will never speak of this again
1f64a.svg
I'm still mad at me

I bought a old used truck and first thing I did was push the drivers side mirror with my thumb so I could see to back up... CLAK-ak-@kkk... Yep! Broke it lol.. Who knew some 40 year old pickups had power mirriors? 😳

...my Alpha 6 scope was junk...the windage adjustment is frozen and can barley be moved with channel locks...

that is exactly what I did to a discovery scope,, I did not realize they are push/pull knobs,,,yup,,,channelocks where involved

we will never speak of this again🙊I'm still mad at me

...I hope I didn't break it...

homer-simpson-doh.jpg

...still two in stock here @ $254...I cannot in good conscience send mine back, except maybe for repairs...

...I have not had the gumption to go through it all again to see if I broke it...

...the scope was mounted and I was trying to dial it in when I went Full Homer on it...

...it was all packed up to be retuned when I posted aboot my stupidity...

...I didn't know you guys would attack Yo...LoLoL...!!!...can't you guys read...?!?... 

https://ar15discounts.com/products/aim-sports-alpha-6-2-5-15x50-30mm-riflescope-with-mr1-mrad-reticle/?ref=isp_rel_prd&isp_ref_pos=1

...my Alpha 6 scope seems to have survived the carnage...add rugged to the list of pros...!!!...LoL...!!!...

...however another "issue" to consider is that the long eye relief makes it so I cannot get the scope mounted quite far enough away on a CZ S200 to be perfect...another 1/16" would do it...

...without the forward mount the CZ S200 has I would not even be able to mount the scope on the CZ T200, the intended host...

...the turret hub is slightly too big to fit between the two receiver mounts... 

...please do not attack Yo's PM's unless you have a CZ 200 you wanted to mount the Alpha 6 on...

...in that case have at it...it's all his fault...I am Hapo and I approve of this message... .!. :D .!.

The Alpha 6 4.5-27x50 arrived today. Looks really nice, feels really nice, seems to be functioning properly. Seems very well built and has quality fit and finish. I can find no obvious flaws... if I were the complaining type, the only minor thing I would say is the parallax knob is quite stiff to turn although that is not necessarily a bad thing either. An oversized wheel would fix that if I can find one to fit... I do really like the reticle design. The glass appears really clear with minimal vignetting or aberration which is really only apparent at the highest magnifications.
I do not have it mounted to anything yet, so I need to spend some time looking through it in different various lighting conditions... but for now I would go as far as to agree that it appears to be a step up in optical clarity over my Aztec Emerald which cost about 50% more.

Thanks for the heads up Yo! I had never even heard of these until I ran across this thread. So far I am very happy I took a chance 🤙

P.S. I sold the unopened knife to my neighbor for $40 so I’m back under $230 total spent on the optic ha!!

Believe it or not contrary to what most folks think you can further fine tune the clarity at high magnification by playing with the ocular there's that range of ocular movement your eyes can clearly see the reticle use that adjustment range as your window while adjusting the side focus and even try screwing it all the way in just for kicks.

You will see.

Definitely a step up in clarity at max power if brightness and clarity matters to you at all at high magnification. You probably sell all your Athlons and Hawkes and Vortex and Aztec Emeralds and others right after you compare them side by side when power are at max. Contact member ctshooter here he may part with one or 2.

Reactions: Chief