Hawke’s New 4x and 6x Prism scopes!

They're on the Hawke website now but no eye relief listed that I can find. 100 yard fixed parallax confirmed as suggested by @Larcat

And I'll re-post the release from the other thread so it's all in one spot.

Hawke Prismatics.jpeg

So parallax is a 100yd then? No good.
Yeah, this is what makes the Dedal and IRs special for airguns -- adjustable parallax.

If the Spitfire IIs had it, I'd be running those, even with the BDC. These Hawkes are VERY similar to the Spitfire IIs.

Edit --

Either Hawke or Vortex could do the existing scopes with a non-BDC and parallax fixed st 25Y and have airgun hunting useable scopes with very, very little effort....

They're on the Hawke website now but no eye relief listed that I can find. 100 yard fixed parallax confirmed as suggested by @Larcat

And I'll re-post the release from the other thread so it's all in one spot.

View attachment 324916
I'll have to ask Hawke about this. When I tested it, I aimed for something rather close (maybe 20 yards) and it was crystal clear.

I'll have to ask Hawke about this. When I tested it, I aimed for something rather close (maybe 20 yards) and it was crystal clear.
The problem isn't clarity, it's actual parallax shift. I know with a Spitfire II, I could see stuff very clearly very close, but minor headshifts would have major impact on perceived POA for things at around 10 yards or so -- despite image clarity. Out at 30 or further, no problem -- but hunting squirrels in the woods it wouldn't work for me.

Reactions: UCChris
The

New Immersive "pro" 5x are very similar on paper -- eye relief is almost identical to the stalker.

Doesn't look as cool though ;)
I had an IP 10x, was ok but like the Stalker a lot more. On the 10x the eye relief was essentially letting your eyelashes brush the glass…the Stalker’s ER is typical of most scopes, not nearly as close in practice as the IP.

Reactions: bluemoon_wulf