• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hawke’s New 4x and 6x Prism scopes!

The problem isn't clarity, it's actual parallax shift. I know with a Spitfire II, I could see stuff very clearly very close, but minor headshifts would have major impact on perceived POA for things at around 10 yards or so -- despite image clarity. Out at 30 or further, no problem -- but hunting squirrels in the woods it wouldn't work for me.
Roger that, I am familiar with parallax shift. I've got a few LPVO's with parallax set at 100y, but they have no problem focussing up close (at lower magnification) and have very little parallax shift. I'll to get one and test it out for you guys.

Reactions: Centercut
@Michael -- should clarify as well, that's why an option for fixed parallax at 25 yards and non-BDC would make these awesome for Airgun hunting -- covers you from 10-50 or so which is where almost all hunting and pesting is going to happen, decent eye relief, etc. Non-BDC for obvious reasons.
Not sure they'd make those parallax changes, but it's worth a shot!

Although not as good as a mil-dot, I believe BDC can be more useful than just a single dot with no holdover references.

Not sure they'd make those parallax changes, but it's worth a shot!

Although not as good as a mil-dot, I believe BDC can be more useful than just a single dot with no holdover references.
I agree with that -- I was prepared to live with the reticle on the spitfire ii 5x. The parallax meant I would miss or make unethical shots up close on small game tho :(

I agree with that -- I was prepared to live with the reticle on the spitfire ii 5x. The parallax meant I would miss or make unethical shots up close on small game tho :(
I placed an order for the Hawke 6x prism. Sounds like they are expected to deliver sometime in March.

Regarding the parallax setting - I'm looking through an Axeon 3x prism (which also has 100y parallax) and I'm targeting a small object about 30ft away. Even with an excessive amount of head bobbing there is very little parallax shift. I'd estimate about 1/2'' at 30ft.

I placed an order for the Hawke 6x prism. Sounds like they are expected to deliver sometime in March.

Regarding the parallax setting - I'm looking through an Axeon 3x prism (which also has 100y parallax) and I'm targeting a small object about 30ft away. Even with an excessive amount of head bobbing there is very little parallax shift. I'd estimate about 1/2'' at 30ft.
Yeah sounds similar to my experience. I estimated close to 1", but for squirrel.... head is what, 1.5"?

You get the scope to keep or to review/play with?