Brian, scopes are very hard to quantify, generally speaking . Either could be great for me, and suck for you. So much depends on a gazillion factors, if you know what I mean. The question of "this scope or that" will require much more information and understanding of where you are coming from, and, where you are going with your pursuits. All the Big Questions will be asked, which should be many. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Patrick

The Airmax series of scopes are definitely worth the additional money. I have at least five of them, and have installed some of the Vantage series scopes for friends when working on their rifles and they wanted to be more "frugal." In my opinion, the Vantage are not even in the same class.

I will tell you that I have Airmax series scopes on both springers and pcps, and I have springers with these scopes that have had 10s of thousands of shots through them with no issue. They are built like tanks. And the one scope that I did have an issue with, Hawke replaced it with no questions asked and that was now several years ago.

Good luck!

You didn't mention what you are putting the scope on. If you are scoping a springer the answer is an emphatic yes. Previous responses have not stressed it, but springers have a unique bi-directional recoil that will break regular scopes. The Airmax scopes are one of the few scope lines designed for springer recoil.

This^^^. From Hawke Customer Service themselves, while they'll honor the warranty no questions asked, they only rate the Vantage line for springers 12fpe or less so what you're putting it on matters. I have more than a few, all mounted on 14fpe or higher rifles and while so far I've had good luck, I also figure it's because every one of them has IR so the reticles are etched, not wire. The non IR versions all have wire reticles which can break easier.

The new AMX reticled Airmax scopes were designed expressly for springer use. I have 7 myself. Got the first 2 from Trenier when they were first released in the US and 6 years later still have both and not a single problem even with both having been mounted on several different rifles before they found final homes on a pair of Beeman R7's. While some don't like them because the reticle is quite fine, you can lose it in shadier areas and I can easily agree with that, I'm still a fan and will always say yes if someone is considering one.

I have an Airmax 3-12 with front adjustment. The objective is very hard to turn, so much so, that you have to come up off the gun and wrap your hand around it to adjust it. Have any of y’all experienced this, and is there any fix that doesn’t involve sending it in? I would sell it, but can’t in good conscience because of this problem. 
Enjoy your new setup AirborneB !!