Hawke Vantage or Athlos Talos for lower end Scopes?

I'm a believer in the Vantage line for PCP's, but I would go with the Hawke Airmax instead of the Vantage on your springer since the Vantage is not rated for heavy recoil. However, if you are going to chance it I'd go with the Vantage over Talos SFP and even the more expensive Talos FFP. I was not impressed with the Talos FFP, the eye box was small and unforgiving. Even after upgrading to more expensive scopes over the years I still have all the vantages I ever bought just in case [minus the one that was a 15 yd parallax so I sold it here on the boards]. They are an excellent value

Can't speak for Athlon, never owned one. The Vantage line are decent scopes for the money and I own at least a dozen between 2-7, 3-9, 4-12x40's and a 4-12x50 AO IR. If you decide on one, get the IR version. Even if you never use the IR part, it still gives you a glass etched reticle instead of the wire one the standard Vantage comes with.

As already mentioned, they aren't recommended for springers over 12 fpe but every one of mine has been used on guns no lower than 14 fpe and I've never had a problem with any of them, maybe in part to most of them also having IR and the etched reticle.

End of random lame 2 cents...lol.

p.s.- I'll also agree with goodoldbvc on the Airmax scopes. Bit more money but magnum springer rated and I'm a fan of the AMX reticle. I own 7.

I've had a Vantage 2-7x32 on an HW30 for a few weeks now. I really like it so far. Seems like a hell of scope for only $100.

IMG_1111.1604198928.JPG

Something to consider, and why I have the Talos 4-16x40 SFP, is you can get the mildot reticle version which has matching .1 mil click turrets/5 mils per turn, and I can set the turrets to zer0. The 3-12 version can be had the same way.

So what I do is set my scope to 10x when I want to hold over and off because that's where milliradians are correct, 16x when I dial for the higher magnification, and finally 4x for fast shots or close hunting.

These have good glass and track well, at least out to 5 mils which is all I've tried, and have a side focus that goes down to 10Y, less if you dial the magnification.\

I lost interest in front focus AO, and the mixed up moa turrets with a mil reticle 13 years ago, which never made any sense to begin with. 

https://athlonoptics.com/product/rifle-scopes-talos-3-12x40-mildot-sfp/

I had the Athlon Talos 3-12 on my Mrod a few years ago. It checked all of the boxes for light weight, 3-12X range, side AO, mil-dot reticle, decent price. But, it only had 4 mil-dots in each direction so shooting my Mrod at 100 yards would require about 6 mil-dots for hold-overs so I sold it. It was very nice with good glass, nice reticle, fairly decent AO ranging. I ended up getting the Leapers 3-12x44 Classic and it's awesome!

This picture was taken with my 16 year old Casio digital camera with the scope on 12x as the sun was going down so lighting wasn't the best.

Q69ktgs.jpg
[/url][/img]