• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

hawke vantage on a springer ?

i have a 2001 diana 34 .177 with the UTG drooper . i'm considering a hawke vantage 4-12x40 AO mil-dot for it and was wondering if the hawke will hold up or not . i had a hawke varmint on it and the eye bell stripped and hawke sent me a brand new vantage which i put on my .25 gauntlet . hawke says the 4-12ao should hold up the .177 34 ....... but i want some additional input . BTW ..... does vortex make anything diana 34 safe with AO for $100ish ??

thanks , jeff 

The Vortex Crossfire 2 is safer for a 34 and higher priced and some have Already sworn by it after being confirmed it was indeed magnum Springer rated direct from Vortex who has a no BS lifetime warranty unlike Hawke where you need to provide proof of purchase receipt and be the original owner in order have any warranty for Hawke brand of scopes since it's not a transferable warranty.

Believe it or not there are magnum Springer shooters who swear by their cheap UTG scopes on their guns. If thats believable I would opt for a Centerpoint version instead specifically this one and they carry a lifetime warranty too. Cheaper from EBay. It's a really nice cheap scope.

Screenshot_2020-09-20-17-38-562.1600922774.png

Screenshot_2020-09-20-17-35-552.1600922700.png

Jeff I would look at something else . I absolutely LOVR the Vantage series from Hawke . To me some of the very best bang for the buck out there. ....That being said , depending on who you talk to at Hawke they are either . Not rated for any springer above 12 ft lb ...Or not springer rated at All. 

If you can locate one used . The lil Bushnell AR series of Scopes have held up to anything we have thrown at em . AnD never had a failure. 

I bought a used 2-7 off eBay a few weeks back for under $80

I put an AO fixed 4x leapers on my M34 on a UTG droop mount and it has held up very well. I just got off optics planet looking for one for my brother and that scope is no longer listed but they do list a fixed 4x with listed parallax fixed at 35 yards. Its about a hundred bucks. I like the idea of a fixed power scope on springers as fewer moving parts means fewer points of failure. So far I have around a thousand shots under it. Hawke makes a fixed 4x AO scope mil dot with 165 moa of adjustment which is important as the DN034 droop mount with 27 inches of correction at 30 yards is no longer made. The only one I found has only 10 inches of correction measured at 30 yards. Hawke has a $15 mail in rebate for the next near two months.

Last edited: