Hawke Vantage 1-4X Turkey dot scope for airguns

I ordered a Vantage turkey dot scope for my Notos and gave it a go. It's kinda "blaaaah", nothing that jumps out at you. It clarity is just "ok". It will focus down to about 12-15 yards on 4X and closer as you go down in power, until at 1X you can clearly see anything, of course. The circle dot is just right, with a nice small dot. The illumination is also very, very good with no bleed at all. If you can live without parallax adjustment for hunting, it's a great option. I was hoping it would be crystal clear, if it had been that would have iced the cake for me. But as it is, I'm going to send it back as it's just on the borderline of being fuzzy at a lot of distances. One funny thing that jumped out at me, is on 2X, it seems a bit fuzzier than above or below that. It also seems to go back to clear just below 2X at like 2.5X and above 2X is clearer too. I dunno about that, kinda unusual. Anyway, if you get a good one, the turkey dot is a good idea for airguns, as it has 50 yard parallax.

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
If that magnification range is what you need & think side focus would help, Athlon makes a 1-4.5x24 with SF. It has a dot or cross in circle with multiple holdover points, not a BDC. I do not recall if it's illuminated or if it's MOA or Mil. It is heavy as I recall.

I've stumbled across it for sale well below MSRP but have never bought one.

Reactions: TimeRabbit
I took a look at the Athlon and it does seem to fill the bill quite nicely. Everything is a tradeoff. It's twice the weight and I don't really need PA in such a low power scope. On the other hand, if I do want PA, for the weight almost any 3-9x or 4-12x will weigh the same.
Choices, choices, choices.
I do have the athlon helos btr 1-4.5x24 and really like it . For a pesting/hunting inside 50 or 60 yards pellet gun the scope is fantastic. It has nice reticle I believe it's a 1/2 moa dot inside a 12 moa circle, adjustable parallax mine will focus down around 12 feet , and a FOV@ 100y of 100-22 ft ( that's where the 3-9s and 4-12 are going to struggle to keep up with this scope).
Keep an eye on cameraland for a sale .

Last edited: