Hawke teaser marketing email today.

Anyone know what it is?

If it's one of their 1-6 LPVOs with parallax adjustment, I'd have a whirl at that price point I think.

Screenshot_20221229-220857_Gmail.jpg

An LPVO with parallax adjustment would be awesome. I have a couple guns that I desperately want an LPVO on, but most are fixed AO at 50 or 100
There are a handful. They are either prohibitively expensive (March) or have other foibles (Delta.)

Leapers' high end range is supposed to have one coming out.

@Scouty knows all the extant ones I believe.

Reactions: UCChris
@Larcat
I went to the Hawke website and could not find this scope.
Did you have a link to further info and pricing?
Thanks
Ed
Nope --- was a teaser marketing email. It sure looks like an adjustable parallax version of the frontier 30 LPVo though....

Reactions: SilentSquirrel
LVPO is usually 1x4 or 1x6 — the key being a true 1 power where your naked eye sees exactly the same magnification as looking through the scope.

LVPO is generally a tactical scope where you can be at 1 power, looking through scope and moving around an active environment. Can’t do that efficiently with any magnification

You also have the option to turn it up when needed.

Reactions: UCChris and RicL
An LPVO with parallax adjustment would be awesome. I have a couple guns that I desperately want an LPVO on, but most are fixed AO at 50 or 100

March, White Oak Armament and Athlon all make 1-4.5x24 LPVOs with side focus.

March also makes a 1-8x24 and two 1-10x24 scopes with side focus (one Dual Focal Plane and one SFP).

Atibal has a SFP and FFP 1-12x30. I haven't watched or read any real world reviews.

Then there is the no longer extant Styrka 1-6x24. I believe there are still some floating around. I have a couple that go on indoor winter practice guns. Have been closed out for as little as $200 each for the illuminated versions. I grabbed two at that price. Nice for winter indoor practice. Not my favorite scopes out in the woods due to duplex reticle and capped turrets.

I have thought about picking up one of the Leupold LPVOs and re-adjusting the parallax. I like them for their lightweight and generally longer eye relief. But based on minimal experience I doubt I'd want to use them for indoor practice.

I will be very curious to see what specs Hawke publishes later this week.

Is the speculation of side focus due to the bulkier illumination knob?