• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hawke Sidewinder. Zoom ring with uneven resistance.

I bought a Hawke Sidewinder 8-32x56 a few days ago. When I took it out of the box I noticed that I needed to use unexpected much power to move the zoom ring between 9 and 16. From 8 to 9 and from 16 to 32 it moves much more freely and as I expected it should move, but between 9 and 16 the zoom ring is rather hard to move. Is this normal behavior for those scopes? None of my other scopes have zoom rings that behave anywhere near that, so I'm pretty sure this isn't like it should be, but I'd just like to hear with you folks before I send it back.

I have some Hawke scopes that have the front-mounted AO and they too have much resistance, just got another scope the other day,a side adjustable,it was tight,but after I keep twisting it back and forth it loosed up and is fine now.
Read someway that keeping the AO tight helps to keep the parallax from moving when firing the rifle.
Just keep twisting it ,I think it will loosen up,Good Luck.

For sure send it back, sort-of-sounds like the ring is out of round. GOOD LUCK.
Ya, scopes i had with power ring issues just failed in some way in the endkimda quick . Most after time would hang up like it hit a snag and have to force it ( snap) loose and it's pretty much over then or the focus or somthing would go funky ( may as well use a funhouse mirror..lol)

Hawkes warranty is claimed to be pretty easy and should be no issue outside the rma hassle,postage ,and down time with out it..
Like most say that aint right on that to start ( opinion)