• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hawke Sidewinder FFP

I just got a Hawke Sidewinder 6-24 FFP. The scope is mounted around 2.5" up on a FX Wildcat Compact (HAWKE High Rings). I did the intial zero at 13 yards. Using Charigun Pro I determined the Far Zero is 41yds (optimum zero range) and at 13 yds I need to have a holdover of 1.5. To get it dialed in, I had to rotate the elevation dial up one complete turn (360 degrees) back to zero and then a 17 more clicks. I did test it quickly outside at 30 yards (need to spend more time) and it looks good. 

Is it normal on the Wildcat Compact to have to turn the elevation so much? I think I had that on my Sidewinder 6.5-20 TAC as well but it has been over a year since I did that so I am not positive if it was as much..

Thanks. is it typical to have to turn so much initially to get it dialed in? although I started to zero at 13 yards, it is accurate at 30 yards and hits where Chairgun Pro said it should based on the velocity and other parameters entered. So I think if I started to zero at 41 yards instead of 13 I would have to turn the same. I just did inside first at 13 using Chairgun that said I should have a hold over of 1.5. I am just curious if I may be doing something wrong with mounting that I need to turn so much or if this is typical.

Per Hawke, one complete revolution (60 clicks) is 20.6 MOA. One complete revolution (60 clicks) is 6 MRAD.

I did 77 clicks (one complete rotation plus 17 more clicks) which is 26.4 MOA.

I spoke to Hawke (good service) and they said ideally do not go over 15 MOA, but what I have should be fine considering my shooting is under 50 yards. He got into some more technical stuff and noted the issue with going to much, it compress the spring and over time that can give POI shift.