Hawke Sidewinder 30 vs Nexus

I have two Hawke Sidewinder 30 scopes and really like them most of the time. Sometimes when I’m target practicing especially at higher magnification I have trouble getting it focused ad clearly as I would like. I’m not completely blaming the scope at this point as it could partly be my eyes. I’ve been intrigued by the Nexus and I’m wondering if it would be any noticeably better than the sidewinder. Had anyone used both to compare the differences? Thanks

While the Sidewinder is a fantastic scope (I own 2 of them), the Nexus is quite a bit better. Which should be expected at over twice the price. I own a G1 Nexus and it’s very sharp at full magnification.

While there are some exceptions, most low to mid-range scopes lose their crispness at maximum magnification.

Just over the last few years my vision has started to deteriorate. The more time I spend behind a scope the blurrier my vision gets, so the pickier I am with which scopes I own, and how I use them.

Regarding your Sidewinder. First, I’d make sure the ocular focus is set just right for you eye. Second, I’d back off the magnificent just a bit. IMO it’s better to have a crystal clear reticle & sight picture than that little bit extra magnification.

If shooting hft, the midas tac wouldn't be able to be used because according to AoA it's minimum parallax is 25 yards.
It’s 10y. Athlon website, and I have one.

IMG_9561.png

Reactions: MysticalDragon
It’s 10y. Athlon website, and I have one.

View attachment 390282
Ok good to know. I was in bed on the phone so couldnt look it up fully. I just went to AoA's site to look at it as I'm trying to decide on a second scope. I have an athlon argos on order and need a second one. Im considering the sidewinder and like that it comes with the parallax wheel already. I would love to do a $1000 scope but sadly getting started in pcp has been a bit expensive

Reactions: BluegrassBill2020