• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HAWKE SideWinder 30 deal you won't believe

I just sent my Hawke 1410 in for repair.Great ‘X’reticle, read that it sets crooked at 11;45 (sic).

it has been a frustrating ownership experience. The limited turrent adjustment range, coupled with for a airgun scope FFP, which IMHO is the answer to a unasked question, made it difficult to zero. I had to use Burris insert rings to sight it in.

I just sold my Meoptik 5 4x20 rd as the reticle is too fine for my gad eyes, wonderful scope if your not half blind.

my next scope will be an Immersive Optics 5x30 with a NV clip-on.

Regards,

Roachcreek

This is a interesting post because I reached out to this co and they insist the scope is on par with quality of a hawke and they carry a full life warranty through them.

I have one on the way. I'm hoping that it should be here by Friday so I will do a report on it. It looks exactly like a Hawke; maybe just a clone though?

J
911B9A02-D11E-4592-BBF8-4D9881CDF932.1646264941.jpeg

Just received mine from UPS. Hopefully I’ll be able to put it on something tomorrow and try it out. Maybe the Cayden or Kratos since I e not had them out lately and I know they are tack drivers. Windage clicks on this scope feel crisp but the elevation turret has somewhat less defined clicks but still feel ok... especially considering the price. Glass seems clear, reticle illumination seems very bright on minimum level, but it’s late evening here and I’ll have to evaluate that better in tomorrow’s daylight. 

9120B34D-C82D-4D82-9DF3-F3DF73CC3D83.1646328306.jpeg

Batman2 thanks for this heads up on this scope. Great deal. 
For anyone wondering, the scope seems to dial in easily, scope rings included with the package, it says it has a lifetime warranty, turret clicks are not as defined as on my Hawke of the same type. The illumination is good in broad daylight. Wood I use it in a competition? Heck no. But if it holds up through the summer I’m sure going to be squirrel hunting with it. As of right now.. I recommend it to anyone wanting a good cheap scope. Fingers crossed it turns out to be a solid scope. 
I’ve been shooting it at 70 yds this morning with the .22 Kratos and I’m currently feeling like I got a great deal on this scope at $129. 

I just got mine and checked out a few things quickly. Optically, it is clear. It has a nice view for $130. The illumination is bright. The scope caps are not the screw-in metal ones that the Sidewinder uses, they are plastic press-ons like Butler Creek's. My reticle does not subtend at 20x, but rather at 10X, which really ticks me off. The reticle itself is good but it is not M.O.A., it is in mils and the adjustments are M.O.A., just stupid. I don't care which system is used as long as they work together, this one doesn't. The write up said it was all M.O.A.. The clicks sound nice but you don't really feel the windage, the elevation clicks are alright. I think that this scope is going to piss off more people than it pleases. As for myself, I was just looking for a clear 20x so that I could see .22 pellets at 100 yards, so I am going to keep it but it is not what it was written up to be and is probably just worth $130.

edit: I forgot to mention that the included manual doesn't even list this model, but does list 8 others and gives their specs.

Reactions: Ezana4CE