• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Hawke scopes.........keep the potheads away from the assembly process!

So I bought a Hawke Vantage scope and the first thing I noticed was all the writing was upside down. Then I tried sighting it in and after 15 minutes and half a tin later I see that some stoner at the factory reversed the elevation and windage turrets. Once I reversed them and put them where they belong everything was fine. Come on Hawke, I used to party pretty hard back in the day so I cant complain too much, but try to over see your potheads a little better.

So I bought a Hawke Vantage scope and the first thing I noticed was all the writing was upside down. Then I tried sighting it in and after 15 minutes and half a tin later I see that some stoner at the factory reversed the elevation and windage turrets. Once I reversed them and put them where they belong everything was fine. Come on Hawke, I used to party pretty hard back in the day so I cant complain too much, but try to over see your potheads a little better.
This is hilarious.

Reactions: beerthief
Wow, really. Why in the world would you automatically make that assumption? I've seen a lot of people hung over, maybe that was it or wait, people do actually make mistakes. Sounds like QC is lacking to me. Obviously you just have a problem with pot, okay climbing down from my soapbox.

Reactions: tibor
I'd sooner trust a "pothead" to do QC on ANYTHING than an alcoholic! I don't think it's germane to the problem you're experiencing.
Same old song and dance comparing apples to oranges. So you have to have brain surgery. On the way to the hospital your doctor smokes a bowl . During your surgery complications arise and you are left partially paralyzed. You decide to sue the doctor...find out he smoked a bowl before surgery...do you use that info in your suit? If so WHY? Being that he wasn't drunk...you know ,because that would be so much worse... than him being a pothead and high.
True story of a brain surgeon I know. Doctors insurance paid, he lost his doctors license...because he was a pothead who smoked dailey and thought nothing of it...even before operating on people.So much for a pothead in charge over a alcoholic.

Let me think about this,,,, you shoot a half of tin of pellets before you realize the turrets are swapped around, then you blame it on 'imagined' potheads!
Hawke does not open each boxed scope and check them, but they do offer warranty.
The original problem lies with the manufacture QC and the factory owners push for quantity per cost
Oh Well back to drama /soap opera over such a simple thing, fixed by the OP becoming AWARE of his surroundings. And blamed HIS slowness on pot heads
DUH!
and now we all get our collective pantyhose in a bunch over the cannabis vs alcohol debate, sheees boys, stick to your guns, pellet guns that is

Don't blame the weed!

Reactions: mcoulter and MrP
Well, I have never had a scope where the top turret did NOT control elevation and the side turret did not control windage.
I don't know how it would be physically POSSIBLE to swap the function of the elevation and windage turrets to the wrong knobs.. I lived in an apartment once where the hot and cold water were piped backwards on the bathroom sink.. :eek: