• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

hawke scopes. how are they?

I can only speak to the Sidewinder models as those are the only ones I've owned.
Undisputable warranty. You break it; they fix it. Free.
Very generous, high volume eyebox in addition to the long eye relief None of the "head bobbing" to find your sight picture.
Sharp, clear glass. No fuzzy edges.
the IR is only partial so as to not overwhelm the sight picture when using. When using the IR, each click goes from off to on with each "on" one step brighter in illumination.
Top shelf quality with out top shelf pricing.

Last edited:
I'm a huge Hawke fan. I've used the Airmax 30 scopes for years with 0 issues. The Frontier 34 FFP has been my primary competition scope for the past 5 months and I'm loving it. My sidewinder 6.5-20x44 is probably my favorite all-around optic.

Really excellent products with an awesome warranty.

Cannot talk for all the models, but I have the Frontier 4-20x50 FFP and for the bucks you pay and the features\quality there is not much out there that equals it. Saying that is relevant to what I have had access to to compare with!!

Great optical glass, close parallax focus, zero-stop, zeroing turrets, great flip up screw on covers, lightweight, spare grub screws supplied and included sunshade etc.

I was fortunate to just buy the Hawke Airmax Wide Angle SF 8-32X50 here on AGN not too long ago. The glass seems to be almost as nice as my Nikko Sterling Diamond 10x50x60. What the cool part is that Hawke CS sent me out some scope parts I needed for just the shipping cost. No questions asked! I am a customer for life!

I'm a huge Hawke fan. I've used the Airmax 30 scopes for years with 0 issues. The Frontier 34 FFP has been my primary competition scope for the past 5 months and I'm loving it. My sidewinder 6.5-20x44 is probably my favorite all-around optic.

Really excellent products with an awesome warranty.
I also have the Hawke Sidewinder 6.5-20x44wa. Love it. Also have both Air Max compacts. Also check out the Air Max ( non- compact). It's a bit more than the compact, but has nice accessories included. My Sidewinder is on my go to. Bill and Addi. And Hawke takes a back seat to noone when it comes to customer service.