• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hawke scope pros & cons

In a recent video from Matt Dubber he did state that the only Hawke scope he has had that worked correctly was a Hawke Frontier. If I was scope shopping for a $2k airgun I would want to make damn sure it was going to track precisely but that's just me. IMO there are better scopes out there for less money. Maybe it doesn't have all the fancy features or such a high mag. range but the SWFA 3-15x42 FFP is pretty hard to beat for the money.

Edit: I realize you were asking for feedback on the Hawke FPP and I don't have any, sorry. It's just that I wouldn't recommend a Hawke scope. Check out this FFP scope that is on sale at SWFA, it might be of interest to you! 😉

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/300-price-drop-on-athlon/

I Know I'm probably going to get crucified by all the Hawk lovers out there but I'm not really impressed with them much unless you're buying the very high end models. I agree with Tweeter that there are better options out there for the money. Athlon is a great example... I actually just bought an Athlon Ares BTR about 5 weeks ago for $800, now to my dismay I got an advertisement from Athlon that the Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27x50mm FFP scope is on sale for $549 for Memorial Day!!! Good for everyone, bad for me! LOL . That's a smoking deal. Check Utah Airguns, AofA, etc...I would definitely recommend it over the Hawke. Many will agree with me, many will not, but I can tell you from first hand experience, the Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27x50mm FFP scope is flat out awesome!!! The optics are great, the tracking is flawless, the turrets are very precise and the reticle is awesome for holding or dialing elevation, the build quality is robust and they just ooze quality. They also have an awesome, lifetime warranty. I have owned two other Athlon Argos BTR scopes and they were great for the money. The Ares BTR is on a whole different level though. It's a top notch optic and on sale for $549, you can't go wrong! Just another option for you to look into before you buy. I hope this helps with your decision at least a little. 

I've posted pictures of my gun before but I'm going to post it one more time because it's the exact gun you have with the scope I'm recommending.

Have a good one! Stoti

1558574059_2166707405ce5f3eb6540f7.98951779_IMG-1592 (4).JPG

I have had 4 hawke scopes, I have not liked any of them. My old eyes really struggle to get both the image and reticle in focus at the same time, regardless of how much I fiddle with the ocular and parallax adjustment. As the range increases, the problem gets worse.

i strongly recommend you try the scope for yourself to make your own mind up, what I hate, you may like and visa versa.

Bb

I have had 4 hawke scopes, I have not liked any of them. My old eyes really struggle to get both the image and reticle in focus at the same time, regardless of how much I fiddle with the ocular and parallax adjustment. As the range increases, the problem gets worse.

i strongly recommend you try the scope for yourself to make your own mind up, what I hate, you may like and visa versa.

Bb

I currently have 3 Hawkes. Also have Nightforce and Bushnell 6500. My Hawkes have been excellent but I do agree with the old eyes statement. Hawke reticles are very fine and can be hard to see. Seems everyone should actually try before buying for something as personal as a scope but that probably can't always be done.

I have 6 Hawkes.

Two Sidewinders

Two Endurance

Two others.

Hawke provides a lifetime guarantee but only to the original buyer so keep the receipt.

They are made in China.

Enough said..

I have six Leopolds too..

Update::::::Last week I had to send one of my 4.5-14X-42mm Sidewinders in. The lighted reticle no longer worked. They received it on Friday. The new, replacement scope will be here tomorrow. California-Ohio and back.7 days...Not bad. Better service than I have ever received from Leopold or Bushnell. BSA is good....BTW I have two BSA FFP scopes....too nice..

My personal opinion ...And its just that an Opinion....Is except for the Vantage Line of Hawke scopes . There are better options . For what you get they are overpriced. 

I did a sidewinder review and less than a month later it wouldn't focus , sent it back , 2 months later mag started sticking bad , sent it back .... After buying new then 2 replacement scopes ...I was done . 

Hawke is good at marketing towards air gunners with all the scope extras they want ....But the guts of the scope are cheap . You get what you pay for in optics ....With Hawke it's very easy to Over-Pay

I've looked through a hawke once or twice and wasn't impressed at all. I'd pick a Discovery over them hands down I like the 4-20x50 HD. Best ones I've looked had are the SWFA line. There on sale right now for $499 3-15x42 FFP with extras! Thatd be my pick for the money. I had an Athlon BTR before and agree very nice scopes for the money also. 

Have that scope on my FX Royale 500 & love it BUT I only paid $325 for it used. Had a Vantage on my AT44 .22 & was not impressed. Optics sucked. I'm satisfied with the 6x24x56 partly because I didn't pay full price. If I were buying anew scope for that price I'd probably check out MTC & Athlon also before "pulling the trigger".