• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

"Hawke" scope level

I bought a Hawke scope level that fits on an 11mm dovetail. I noticed there are other no-name levels that look exactly like the Hawke level, but I figured it might be worth a couple extra bucks for the Hawke name, in case the Hawke was the original and the others were the copies.

Well, apparently not. If Hawke had really designed it themselves, they probably would have made sure it fits on a FX Cyclone receiver. But the FX receiver is too wide for the clearance milled into the level body. The interference is subtle enough that you don't notice it when you look at the level itself. I noticed it immediately when I shouldered a rifle with a "leveled" scope. If you're not sure, level the scope and then make sure the level still agrees with the scope when the level is moved to the other side. Mine passed this test after I enlarged the clearance with a file.