• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hawke scope advise

I have a Hawke Sidewinder 8-32x56 IR I bought new when I first started shooting field target back in 2018. The optics are very clear and sharp. Light transmission is good and the IR is excellent. My only complaint is that when ranging targets out past much over 45 yards or so it can be a little soft as to the exact range. I'm curious to see how it holds up on a springer also.

I recently purchased a couple Hawke Frontiers and they appear to have the nicest glass I have ever seen in ANY HIGH DOLLAR Chinese scope to date while on the ongoing quest to find glass that rivals the Alpha6 (My first initial look through impression was HOLY CRAP they musta copied the Alpha6 glass it's so Leupold-like white bright and clear without the typical yellowing that's common with Chinese glass). I prefer the clicks on the Athlon Midas TAC though.

I would personally not mount a Hawke on spring gun except for a Diana model 60 or 75 specifically.

Someone mentioned the Bullseye mount and I swear by it. I had a Hawke Vantage 3-9x40 AO scope on top of my RWS 460 Magnum springer and it wasn't long before it wouldn't hold zero - that 460 hammered it. So, I bought a Bullseye scope mount and replaced the broken Hawke scope with another and now, many shots later, it is doing fine - I attribute the good health of the new scope to the Bullseye mount.

I installed a Hawke Airmax compact 4-16 x 44 mm IR, SF, scope on my HW85L. This is an excellent combo that is accurate and fun to shoot. 

https://us.hawkeoptics.com/airmax-30-sf-compact-4-16x44-amx-ir.html 

IMG_0386 1-20-2021 new rings.1613664303.jpg

I’d stick with tried and true springer rated scopes. 
people have been successfully using:

UTG / Centerpoint ( the old small 3x9x32) and 3-12 Swat are best.

leupold EFR 3x9 ( hate the reticle) and hard to turn ao and power

Weaver v series and Grand Slam ( excellent)

bushnell, legend, trophy and of course all the Elite series. 

4,200 elite is stunning by almost any standard

I’m sure others can chime in but I’ve used all those on springers for years.