Hawke Airmax 30 SF WA 6-24x50 Illuminated Reticle is Flawed

Hi all,

I just got the newly released Hawke Airmax 30 SF WA 6-24x50 and a little disappointed with the illumination of the reticle. The illumination lights up the whole eye / ocular lens creating a halo and I'm not sure it's supposed to be this way, or its a design flaw, or its a defect. This is my first Airmax so I don't know what to expect. I hope anybody with an Airmax with IR can chime in. See below picture for what I'm talking about.

20210925_0018231.1632555517.jpg

Did you resolve this issue? Are you happy with the scope?

I didn't get the chance to resolve the issue, But I saw another review on YouTube from Bakers Airgun with the same issue in the daylight situation on highest illumination setting. You won't see the full ring in daylight situation but there will be bright spots. My bright spot is on the upper right/ 2 o'clock position as shown in the original picture above while the Bakers Aigun you tube video is on the upper left/ 10 o'clock position.

But I have yet to find the need to use the illumination feature for paper target shooting. I would probably need the feature in hunting situations out in the forest though. 

Another item that bothers me is at 24X, the picture gets a little dark and you need to be at an exact eye relief, angle, and be exactly behind the scope to see through it. The picture is also not clear at that magnification.

Other magnifications 6x-18x are clear with more forgiving viewing angle with wide views. 

I maybe 75- 80% happy with the scope due to the negative reasons stated above. But a scope that cost this much shouldn't have those issues. 

The scope is currently mounted on a PCP and have yet take it for a spin on my springers so I don't have any comments if it will hold up to the recoils. The jury is still out on this one.