Hawke Airmax 30 8-32x50 SF: AMX IR

It depends on what you plan to use it for.

I have the Airmax 30 6-24x50 and really like it. It does a great job out to 100 yards and the adjustable IR versus click stop along with the locking and adjustable turrets are a really nice feature. The only disappoint I could say with it is that it doesn't have a locking ring for the ocular lens. This is a bit of an issue when trying to mount the NiteSite unit or at times a camera as you can cause it to go out of focus.

I too have the Airmax 6-24X50 30mm SF IR with AMX reticle. Overall Im happy with the scope. 24 power is plenty of magnification too and mine is very clear evwn at 24 power. Its not perfect......but damn good for its price point. The SF tends to be a little stiff, especially if its cold outside. The reticle is my favorite part tho.....awesome airgun reticle and the crosshairs are very fine. So fine in fact that my dad doesnt like the scope due to the fine crosshairs. I love the crosshairs. If you have bad vision.....might want to reconsider.

If you've never looked through anything else you will probably be content. But I would not buy it. I have bougth two new Hawke scopes and bothe were sent back under warranty, not worth the money IMO. I have only owned Japanese and German glass since and no regrets. (six scopes since then)

Another thing you need to think about is weight, those things are big and heavy. Make sure you know what you get yourself into so you don't regret your purchase.