Haven’t seen a tree rat in a week.

crowski

Dec 14, 2020
On, Canada
Nothing for a week, no sight of one. I think they were regrouping. Today visitors arrive, 2 gray and 5 black. Just about got whiplash. Scored 3 black and alright different rifles. First one, took out with a K98 .22 iron sights. Second went back to a scoped rifle glasses end of month. Had my HW98 .22 handy and gave the second black a lead surprise. Number three was my favorite, I used my Pro Sport .22 which just got a Vortek upgrade. What a gun.
The other tree rats ran as soon as they heard or saw me. They’re welcome back . 10 so far this year. Crow
136DD0F7-3E46-4356-AB0D-27F5CB7D0B4D.jpeg

Nothing for a week, no sight of one. I think they were regrouping. Today visitors arrive, 2 gray and 5 black. Just about got whiplash. Scored 3 black and alright different rifles. First one, took out with a K98 .22 iron sights. Second went back to a scoped rifle glasses end of month. Had my HW98 .22 handy and gave the second black a lead surprise. Number three was my favorite, I used my Pro Sport .22 which just got a Vortek upgrade. What a gun.
The other tree rats ran as soon as they heard or saw me. They’re welcome back . 10 so far this year. CrowView attachment 325177
I'm in the same boat, I haven't seen any even running around the neighborhood. Guess they're laying low for a bit. I did really good the last couple months of 22, but not a single one this year at the 3 spots I shoot them.

Reactions: crowski
I only got one in December then got two on the fourth of January. Then another on 1/6 and another 1/18. My dog said she saw one today but I didn't see it. I always seem to do better after the leaves come off my oaks and the other sources of food dry up. I still have tons of acorns. I have bird feeders too but they can't get to them but might eat what falls on the ground. I saw one in my neighbors yard today. The first three in January were all up high in an oak with only part of the head visible. I definitely would not have seen them if leaves were still on the trees. I was probably a bit lucky but was using my very accurate P35-22.

I got my first PCP (Marauder) a little over a month ago. I took out about 10 grays around my yard. I didn't see any for a couple of weeks and this past weekend, there were four scurrying around. The new PowerPup has proven just as deadly and I've taken out a couple.

It doesn't take them long to move into new territory. My cable line to the house was replaced last week because the squirrels had chewed the line from the pole to the house. I've had them in my attic and garages where I've encountered a lot of damage. I will kill every damn one of them I can.

Reactions: crowski and A.G.R
I got my first PCP (Marauder) a little over a month ago. I took out about 10 grays around my yard. I didn't see any for a couple of weeks and this past weekend, there were four scurrying around. The new PowerPup has proven just as deadly and I've taken out a couple.

It doesn't take them long to move into new territory. My cable line to the house was replaced last week because the squirrels had chewed the line from the pole to the house. I've had them in my attic and garages where I've encountered a lot of damage. I will kill every damn one of them I can.
Only reason they get a pass is they have a furry tail.. they are rats in disguise.

I'm still seeing them, they're just keeping their distance because they know I'll shoot them. And they vacate my yard in the morning as soon as my German Shepherd heads outside because he likes eating them too...
Best thing in my arsenal to improve my chances is a blind and/or camo. I bought a cheap blind and I can sit in there and pick them off all day. I can also sit in my ghillie poncho and they'll walk right past me.
Edit - it's breeding season, they are very active here before/right after sunrise but then hunker down and come out sparingly the rest of the day.