• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Haven’t posted here in a while…a question for the machining experts and anyone else who wants to chime in…in regards to polishing…

I've been following this, good job resurrecting this rifle. How many hours labor you have invested thus far? Looking forward to seeing some groups.
To update you my friend…here’s how it’s been going on. Well that polishing job was the end of that compression tube issue, but I had to redo the barrel as well. Completely filled with rust. I did a cold blue and it came out pretty nice. Obviously will never match a hot blue, but as long as it protects it from rust. The gun‘s accuracy is what matters…and IT DOES NOT FAIL. Legendary accuracy even for a .22 caliber.

I intend on adding more blue on top of the layers. The metal seems to reluctantly accept a super blue…so more coats are in order. For now it looks pretty nice.

6137899C-8099-49EE-901E-3AAA67781685.jpeg

E08FBC09-FF72-4F7B-B227-02AB8E461252.jpeg

Reactions: uglymike