• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Have you ever polished your bottle before?

.. got a great deal on ebay for this expired tank a while back, and it came expectedly alittle beat up with paint scrape streaks, dirt, stickers and surface scratches and looked generally rough but intact and no gouges or anything .. so the original plan was to wet sand it, paint the ends, and vinyl wrap the center section .. but when i finally got to the point to do it im like let me just see what happens with some meguires compound and a coat of wax ... couple hours of rubbing later and i think its passable .. alittle discolored but it sits next to my newer tank like a champ, what do ya think?

CIMG1919.1622677720.JPG

It's the outmost resin layer that gets a polish and it has next to no load bearing significance. So theres that!

There is a carbon layer with epoxy laid down for strength and then there is an additional glassfiber layer with ample resin laid down as a "use"/scruff layer.

So i see no problem at all in buffing the outmost non strengthening layer of resin!