Have you ever caught a Ghost?

I was looking at the plethora of posts with people having all kinds of issues. Some would say fun _ trying to get consistency with their New PCP’s that give a shooter all the adjustability options that are available with today's PCP's and all I could think of was; I hope they like chasing Ghosts.

I am a Land Surveyor and sell positioning equipment for a living and have done this for most of 30 years. I have a saying I use all the time. I say it to clients on demo’s that once you get to a certain accuracy in a position, from that time on, trying to get any more consistent accuracy we are just passing time chasing Ghosts. The equipment can only do so much. There are too many variables that we have no control over. This is because of limitations including human error, mechanical tolerances and the biggest contributor, especially in my line of work using GPS would be the atmospheric conditions.

Me comparing my PCP Shooting skills to my Surveying skills and chasing after the perfect and consistent shot to shot accuracy at 50 yards, shooting skirted pellets out of a 20” barrel with atmospheric conditions that change not only from day to day but minute to minute I have come to the realization I will never be a Ted, Matt Dubber or Shooter1721 all whom I respect enjoy watching. I tell myself just enjoy the experience and be satisfied with a certain acceptable accuracy and except I will never be equal to the a fore mentioned…

BUT there is just that unexplained thrill of Chasing Ghosts that’s addictive that even I cannot break!

I agree for the most part.

Though the extra work people put into shooting turns what they've accomplished into kind of an art form. A win only has to be by 1 point and that's where that extra work pays off. They've chased the ghost enough that it's less elusive.

Enter the professional shooter into the equation.

In tactical centerfire comps I used to score high and got a couple 2nd place finishes at big matches. I remember one match that a professional had entered and won the match with a 308 which used, at the time, a lowish BC bullet going slow, an amazing feat that showed his prowess with a rifle. They didn't have ability level divisions so I was shooting against that guy and I thought to myself NOPE it's time to evaluate how much I want to chase Ghost's, lol.