Have you ever blocked anyone here on AGN?

I currently have 5 members on the ignore list. I have spent almost 30 years on the internet so I am well versed in dealing with trolls and toxic personalities. For some reason this forum has more troll energy than anywhere I have been a part of. Some true bad apples in this bunch. But there are a lot more great people here and I have had lots of fun. I spent some time in a petrochemical plant working shoulder to shoulder with some rough boys, so I dont consider myself a snowflake. But I also dont like wasting my time with certain brainwaves. You might find some people just dont want to have a "sensible back and forth", no matter how much slack you cuttem.

Why bother...
Just done read what you don't want to see !

Mike
also quit talking to people who just want to fight? 🤔🤔🤣🤣
I almost quit the forum awhile back but I finally figured out how to unfollow a conversation going off the rails..
I think it is a great place to talk to others reasonable and Mike vv, you are one of the reasons I stayed.. and that has caused me to make some more good friends.. frankly I don't know how to get around the forum well but I enjoy being able to ask some people questions and read about what others are doing..
thank you for being a reason to stay.. this is the only social media I use..
Mark

Reactions: fishing43
I only blocked one person, after repeated attempts to initiate an honest back and forth. But they would rather deride a particular brand of gun I liked. When I inquired why they thought so poorly of that brand, they basically said they didn't want to bother in having to explain why this and similar brands were inferior. So , after that interaction, they showed up and commented another negative dig when I posted a technical question pertaining to that same gun brand. Sensing infantile behavior, they were summarily blocked. I have little patience for half wits with petulant attitudes.

I block a few who are annoying to me, but I don’t block the really annoying ones so I can annoy them. 🤣🤣🤣

Most people are perfectly fine with sensible back and forth or conversation but there are those take it personally and starts name calling which is annoying. Then there are those with personal agenda/interest or trying to make a quick buck by being internet famous so trolling those back are quite entertaining.

Nay,It's all good,some people are different and I do not agree, But sooner or later some have something intelligent to say.(y)
Ya, that guy you blocked may pop up with something that could save your day and you'd never know it ..lol