Have you ever asked yourself: How did I fall down the rabbit hole *SO QUICKLY*?!?

I guess I fell in slow motion. I was given a Crosman 1400 when I was a teenager and I’ve always had at least one airgun ever since. In my twenties I lived in an apartment in a big American city but still managed to make time and a place to shoot my airguns. By the mid nineties I owned three Crosman’s and three B-3’s. The B-3’s were all test mules that I modified to destruction. A friend gave me a non working Remington 77. I took it apart and resealed it and then after weeks of tinkering I got it all back together in working order!
Living in Southern California in those days it was easier to find places to shoot airguns than fire arms so my stable of cheap airguns got a lot of use. Those B-3’s were subject to a lot of “amateur” (aka, stupid) experiments and modifications. I continued pesting and hunting with my air rifles during those days.
I got married and acquired a child as part of the merger. The child was a female and not particularly interested in airguns. Despite that I did Instill the basic tenets of marksmanship in her and she showed a natural talent for it. More than one of her former boyfriends has remarked that she is a distressingly good shot.
About 2012 I became aware of a real revival in the airgun industry (yes I DO live under a rock). I began to buy cheap department store type air rifles. I haunted several airgun forums and learned the proper jargon. I picked up a couple of gassers and discovered that they bored me just as much as repeating firearms do. Nice guns, super accurate, boring as snot. I keep them for guests to shoot. Based on that experience I decided not to venture into PCPs. Nice guns, super accurate, super expensive, probably boring as snot too.
Since then I’ve decided to collect vintage airguns. I’ve begun procuring various guns that I lusted for as a kid but never had the wherewithal to purchase before.
I still hunt small game with my vintage pumpers. I’ll put one of my Crosman 1400’s up against any springer and most PCP’s for squirrel and rabbit hunting.
It’s been a long trip. And of course I wound up back at my starting point!

What hole? I have no desire to tally up what I've spent, it would probably shock me. It's the OCD, when I was kayaking I had 7 boats all for a specific type of water, same with air guns and support equipment, loving every minute of it.I man must have a interesting hobby to keep his mind sharp and his hands bussy or he'll do the devils handy work. Jerry's got it right, got to laugh. If not I may cry.