Have You Encountered Aftership?

I was wondering 1) has anyone else seen this and 2) what do you think about it.

I placed my first order with one of our larger airgun suppliers last week and when I got the shipping info yesterday I found that the package was being handled by Aftership. So, naturally, I googled it and got this:

" AfterShip is a Hong Kong startup company offering shipment tracking through SaaS model. It was founded after winning the Startup Weekend Hong Kong 2011 and Global Startup Battle 2011."

From what I gather, the shipment is being carried by FedEx but a AfterShip tracking number is supplied rather than a FedEx number.

Now I'm old and technology these days is zipping by like a blur but this raises a serious question in my mind; Do we really want Hong Kong and the Chinese government to know and have a hand in what is being delivered to our door steps every day? (think about it)

Note: I did a search to see if this has been a topic on this forum already and got nothing. If it has, I apologize for trying to saddle-up the old dead horse. 

Everyone seems to forget that the companies that they order from are also customers themselves. Large companies like Pryamyd Air are probably receiving shipments almost daily and from several different shipping companies from all over the globe. They are probably even tracking all of their own shipments to their customers on their end. Aftership probably gives them the ability to track all of their shipments, both in and out, all in one place. If they have the information why not offer their customers the Aftership tracking information too?