Have you competed in an airgun competition?

Have you competed in an airgun competition?

• Total voters
We love to see people come out from all parts of the country to participate in this amazing sport we all love so much.

Some of our previous 2023 Northeast Airgun Classic winners:
Adam Migel
Thayne Simmons
Kate Jacobson
Kathy Stajduhar
Justin Welch
Nikolav Boldov
Adam Swillinger
Joseph Rickard
Charles Shanaberger
Boyd Linder
Lexi Linder

So let's hear it -
Where have you competed?
What was your favorite event?

Let us know if you placed in the Top 3 in any events!
We want to know who is going to win big at N.A.C.

Come compete at the Northeast Airgun Classic in Epping, NH April 17th-21st.
The field will be limited this year to 150 shooters so don't wait to get registered!
Visit www.northeastairgunclassic.com for more information.

win big at nac.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TattoosByJohnnyV
I only compete against myself and the pests that I target. I have nothing to prove to myself or others.

IF and that is a BIG IF, there were events close enough to me, I might consider competing, but that is the rub.

Most events are too far away for most airgunners to take part in, so all you have are the people who are either very close to them or have enough money and time to afford to go to them. I suspect that means that most of those folks are also "sponsored" by a company in order to promote their product.

I could be wrong, but experience leads me to believe I am correct. I know there are no competitions near enough to me that I would participate.

All my best!

Kerry

"I know there are no competitions near enough to me that I would participate."

In the same boat.... I love FT but the nearest match is 4 hours from Bozeman to Pocatello, 12 hours after that to Tacoma (if they still have a viable club), 16 to Ashland, 18 to Socal, 21 to the Phoenix area. So the matches Ive been to have been bigger ones, worth the 5 day time investment.

Im finding more and more airgunners in Montana but not much interest in FT...

Started years ago with IHMSA air pistol matches but they stopped due to lack of attendance. This is what got me started in air guns. Bought a Daisy 747 and had a blast. Always wanted a IZH 46M but they were too pricey.

Used to run 10m pistol and rifle matches at the local club, so shot that a lot every season for many years.

Compete at occasional FT matches when I have a free weekend, but it isn’t very often.

Just a lot of fun being with other airgunners and hanging out. The competition is secondary.

Reactions: trlrman
I do not compete, CUZ in everything i have ever done, and in some cases been fairly good at, the second competition enter my performance drop by up to 25 %
It pretty much have nothing to do with the competitors, they might well be wholesome nice people, it is me that is the problem, or probably my traumatic youth.
It is pretty much also the case in other forms of tests, like school exams, educational exams, or just getting a licence to operate a car.'
Even if might i add i have most often aced that kind of tests in the first try.
I vivid remember the 10 grade exam in Chemistry class, there was like 5 different things to get examed on, and by chance i pulled the one i was best at ( acids / bases and the periodic table )
But i was so worked up by nerves that i was not able to draw a solid line on the blackboard, and i had to settle with a 10 ( out of 13 ) due to nervous.
And as a result of the horrible way my brain work ( storing bad experiences ) i can almost remember every second of that 30 minute exam today +4 decades later.

It is consequently also why i am holding back getting a hunting licence to be able to buy larger caliber airguns, the fact there is 2 tests involved in this, and then of course i have no desire to hunt anything.

Last edited:
I compete in at least (2) NRL22 matches each month and consistently place top 3 among very experienced .22LR shooters. I am ranked #1 in the league for Air Rifle and 150th out of 1446 competitors overall.

Last year I took 8th at NAC in the Precision Marksman Challenge, Pro Division. That was my first Pro division airgun rodeo and only my 2nd airgun match ever... and it was before I had my gear figured out.

This year I will be coming for first place - and it's going to take some major talent to stop me. :devilish:

I compete in at least (2) NRL22 matches each month and consistently place top 3 among very experienced .22LR shooters. I am ranked #1 in the league for Air Rifle and 150th out of 1446 competitors overall.

Last year I took 8th at NAC in the Precision Marksman Challenge, Pro Division. That was my first Pro division airgun rodeo and only my 2nd airgun match ever... and it was before I had my gear figured out.

This year I will be coming for first place - and it's going to take some major talent to stop me. :devilish:
Wave hello, your major talent is here.

• Love
Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Only NAC , and the first one this year for me will be NAC and my first time registering in PRO , then some smaller FT and 50y bench comps afterwards, hopefully RMAC , PAC , and EBR as well. Going to have fun! Compete of course, that is what a competition is whether you say youre being competitive or not, 100% looking forward to it, had a blast last year!

I only compete against myself and the pests that I target. I have nothing to prove to myself or others.

IF and that is a BIG IF, there were events close enough to me, I might consider competing, but that is the rub.

Most events are too far away for most airgunners to take part in, so all you have are the people who are either very close to them or have enough money and time to afford to go to them. I suspect that means that most of those folks are also "sponsored" by a company in order to promote their product.

I could be wrong, but experience leads me to believe I am correct. I know there are no competitions near enough to me that I would participate.

All my best!

Kerry