Have any of you guys experienced “In transit, running late” for a week with USPS

I bought a scope mount from another member on this forum and the USPS lost it about two months ago. I paid with Paypal 3.5% and still trying to recoup my money via PayPal because it was not insured. First time I had anything lost and never showing up later.

The USPS has been unusually slow lately, and I think a lot has to do with the unrest in certain areas, COVID, and just the usual USPS attitude. Government can't run a service, a business needs to run a service.

My assistant deals with this regularly. She will have a package scheduled for delivery on Monday for example. Since COVID she works from home and has a killer camera system. The delivery will later say something like, attempted, resident not at home. Pull up the cameras, mail person drives by and never stops. Another one she gets is "Unable to be delivered as addressed." It's a pre printed label from Amazon. Next day or so it shows with the same label.

My best friend's dad and wife both retired from the USPS. His dad told him, "They can do anything but steal. They can be lazy, they can be slow, they can be bad, but unless they steal you can't get rid of them." Sad, but apparently true. On those false statements, several residents tried to file charges against the delivery person for falsifying a government document. Big surprise, they wouldn't take the case. She also gets a daily email scan of the mail she is supposed to get. She gets peoples' mail from the next block over, but not hers. Many people in that neighborhood exchange mail over the next several days so eventually someone hopefully brings you yours.

Hi all, I’m worried that my liner and TP from Huma have been lost USPS. I recently checked the tracking because my package didn’t come when it was supposed to. I then saw that it’s been showing “In transit, running late” for a week now. Has anyone ever had this happen, and did your package ever arrive?

Thanks, PlinkForFun

This has been happening a lot for me, what I read on some USPS customer site, what may help is signing up for email and text alerts.

I do not sign up for alerts until packages get delayed, or have been showing "in transit" for a couple days.

USPS has been in the red financially for two decades. They have funding through 2021 though in liquidity. If you don’t like USPS’s service there are many better ones that are profitable, hard working companies. We don’t need to discuss politics here, we just need to select a different shipping method on checkout. 

Every shipping company is having problems, trying to keep up with orders. My UPS man now has a rental truck he's driving. It is also air conditioned, and he loves that. He said they are so overloaded that they ran out of trucks, and are looking for more drivers. I have had a USPS post office box, for over 20 years, and have had zero problems. The folks in my Post Office (Immokalee Florida), are GREAT! VERY nice, always get a "HI" when I walk in. Now the post office where I live, (Labelle Florida) is a different story. Grumpy, only by the rules, hard to get along with. I wouldn't take a PO Box there, if it were for free! All depends I guess. But with this covid cwap, there are a whole lot more people ordering on-line, than there used to be.😉

USPS has been in the red financially for two decades. They have funding through 2021 though in liquidity. If you don’t like USPS’s service there are many better ones that are profitable, hard working companies. We don’t need to discuss politics here, we just need to select a different shipping method on checkout. 

I like the USPS fine, I’m sticking with them. 

I'm actually dealing with EXACTLY that same thing now. Contacted Amazon AND UPS and now a Lost Package claim is going to be filed and Amazon is sending out a new package to me. I wonder if stuff gets stolen and that how packages end up "lost"???

My package tracking says it has a destination scan for the 12th. One on the 13th and one on the 14th. The status says it's in transit. Something is messed up.