• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Have any of you created a zombie?

So I get this certain species of ground bird in my yard that likes to destroy my Bonsai tree's and I eliminate them on the spot. I heard a pair of them out back this morning so I went outside with my little bluetooth speaker and played a few calls and the male came in. I pointed my new FX Impact M3 22 cal Compact at him, aligned my crosshairs, squeezed the trigger, and BAM, hit him dead in the chest with a 15gr Hades! A poof of feathers the size of my fist came off of him upon impact but the little sucker didn't die. He calmly hopped to a lower branch and started singing again. So I hit him again right in the chest with the same result and man, still not dead. I repeated 2 more times with the same result before he finally went to the ground but wasn't dead. This little dude was hopping around on the ground after being hit 4 times in the chest with Hades out of my M3 as was still alive. I walked over to him, he looked me dead in the eye, I looked at him back, put the rifle right up to his head and that was that.
Have any of you dealt with a zombie pest before lol? I got his little girlfriend a couple hours later and 1 shot in the chest was all it took.

lol . . . I shot a pigeon yesterday as a matter of fact at one of my farm permissions. They (pigeons) can sometimes be surprisingly tough sob's . . . I hit this one square in the chest at . . . ( trying to remember ) 52'ish yards and it was more then evident that I did. It flinched hard. There was an audible "pop!" ( 20.2g nsa slug out of a 500mm .22 vulcan3 ). There were some feathers that became airborne. This guy just "took it" like a prize fighter in the ring . . . . didn't fly away (couldn't) but also didn't lie down. It just strutted along the peak of the roof for about 5 yards and then stopped and stood there. I'm watching it the whole time through my scope . . . . it started "getting drunk" and I figured that it was gonna go and I wouldn't need the follow up on it. But it didn't. It was like it got it's second wind or something and just continued to stand there and look around. I put it down with a second shot and that was that but yeah . . . . sometimes some critters can become "zombies".

Sometimes, I get special help if the quarry is particularly tough and zombie-like:
If the airgunner throwing 16 grain pieces of lead can't seem to eliminate a pigeon zombie — the local falcons will swoop in and finish off what he started.... 🤣

Matthias

Last edited:
Sometimes, I get special help if the quarry is particularly tough and zombie-like:
If the airgunner throwing 16 grain pieces of lead can't seem to eliminate a pigeon zombies — the local falcons will swoop in and finish off what he started.... 🤣

Matthias
That’s the problem with lead / it moves up the food chain killing beneficial critters

gPKBCM.gif

• Haha
Reactions: abqjoe
That’s the problem with lead / it moves up the food chain killing beneficial critters

One really good argument for pellets that will pass through the game, if you intend to not pick it up...

At one point this came up with the cane toads - fortunately, not much will eat them, as they're toxic as hell, especially once blended up a bit by a .30. But even if so, the pellets are passing entirely through, and that makes me feel better about the risks of that happening.

I only want to be responsible for the fast acting acute version of death by lead poisoning, not slow acting chronic deathy by lead poisoning.

Oh I definitely hit this guy. Only 20 yards away, I picked him up afterwards and sure enough, a 4 shot group about the size of a nickel right on his chest. Reminded me of a big jack rabbit I hit out in the desert 3 times with a 60gr VMax out of my M4. Damn rabbit kept running for about 100 yards. When I finally got up to it's body, it had no internal organs anymore but it still ran about 100 yards before dropping.

Reactions: Struckat
So I get this certain species of ground bird in my yard that likes to destroy my Bonsai tree's and I eliminate them on the spot. I heard a pair of them out back this morning so I went outside with my little bluetooth speaker and played a few calls and the male came in. I pointed my new FX Impact M3 22 cal Compact at him, aligned my crosshairs, squeezed the trigger, and BAM, hit him dead in the chest with a 15gr Hades! A poof of feathers the size of my fist came off of him upon impact but the little sucker didn't die. He calmly hopped to a lower branch and started singing again. So I hit him again right in the chest with the same result and man, still not dead. I repeated 2 more times with the same result before he finally went to the ground but wasn't dead. This little dude was hopping around on the ground after being hit 4 times in the chest with Hades out of my M3 as was still alive. I walked over to him, he looked me dead in the eye, I looked at him back, put the rifle right up to his head and that was that.
Have any of you dealt with a zombie pest before lol? I got his little girlfriend a couple hours later and 1 shot in the chest was all it took.

Must have migrated from my state here in CA. We have some strange animals.

Reactions: abqjoe