• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Have any of our airgun brethren ever used a P-Rod trigger group on a Gen. 2 Marauder?

It says out of stock but I’m actually making them to order right now because I can make whatever length customer wants or send in there tube for mod.

Steve,
Same thing happened to me. Heavily researched first PCP and Umarex Gauntlet .25 checked all the boxes. Never considered length and weight, figured all were designed for average adult. Shocked to unbox a 47-inch, ten-pound (scoped) behemoth. Found out long, heavy bolt-action guns with dovetail scope mounts are a decade old technology. Lots of mods available but nothing will alter long and heavy. Lesson learned, still enjoy shooting gun as part of collection but replaced, for practical use, by modern PCPs. WM

Last edited:
Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
That tube would be a good mod. Ideally I try and get shorter barrels or lighter barrels. 14-15" is pretty ideal for .22 pcp, I reckon something slightly longer would be ideal for 25 and 177. .22 is kind of a sweet spot as is .20.

Shorter a gun is, the less weight you will have out front acting as a lever. Weight out front drastically changes how heavy a gun feels. That aluminum tube will definitely help. Maybe see how heavy the shroud and barrel are and see if you can improve them at all.

I took 10" off my nova star as well as a grossly thick shroud, took a full pound off the front of the gun, actually handles properly now, still plenty of power, too. 14.25" barrel, .22 cal

Reactions: MileHighAirGunner
It says out of stock but I’m actually making them to order right now because I can make whatever length customer wants or send in there tube for mod.
Will be in touch! I did see that offering on your website, wasn't sure if that was a "one-off" or what

Steve,
Same thing happened to me. Heavily researched first PCP and Umarex Gauntlet .25 checked all the boxes. Never considered length and weight, figured all were designed for average adult. Shocked to unbox a 47-inch, ten-pound (scoped) behemoth. Found out long, heavy bolt-action guns with dovetail scope mounts are a decade old technology. Lots of mods available but nothing will alter long and heavy. Lesson learned, still enjoy shooting gun as part of collection but replaced, for practical use, by modern PCPs. WM
Yeah, but the thing is, I don't worry about being cutting edge in my taste - can't afford it! I feel I've been blessed in that I prefer the older stuff, springer or pcp.

Wouldn't be caught dead with a bull pup lol -

Made a decent living for 30+ years with a Fender bass I paid $200.00 for, only briefly messed with a five string, ended up selling it, went back to the P-bass.

Yeah it does, no offense intended breaux.

How much less does one of your walnut Marauder stocks weigh compared to the beech? unit?
Oh yeah I know no worries. Here’s the thing, The marauder is no heavier than any other higher end gun or even a powder burner for that matter. Overall weight in my opinion is not an issue. The Marauder is a tad front heavy making it seem the overall weight is to blame. The two different stocks will not make a difference. As a matter of fact even if you add the synthetic stock it will still be front heavy for some. A little lighter but still not what you’re looking for in offhand shooting. The air tube is the main culprit and where you’ll get The most return for what you’re looking for. Not a lot of people think of it like that and automatically think it’s the stock.

Yeah, but the thing is, I don't worry about being cutting edge in my taste - can't afford it! I feel I've been blessed in that I prefer the older stuff, springer or pcp.

Wouldn't be caught dead with a bull pup lol -

Made a decent living for 30+ years with a Fender bass I paid $200.00 for, only briefly messed with a five string, ended up selling it, went back to the P-bass.
Affordability is one area that older technology airguns can excel. Paid $310 for First Generation Gauntlet few years back, Pyramyd Air sold them recently for as low as $182, with discounts. Not great in resale market but fine as part of a lifetime collection. WM

This is the way to go on an Mrod, IMO. Especially if you decide to regulate it, so easy to access the reg, valve, and poppet.

No worries about being delicate with trigger screws in aluminum, etc.