Have a question ??? Perhaps simple

Recently purchased an AA S510. 22 so naturally went here and YouTube for education. Have already fired many rounds of JSB Exact 15.89 grain to satisfaction. 

Was watching a video today of a guy " well known " who was consistently making 1 jagged hole at 70 yards with the exact same gun using AA diablo 18 grain. He claimed to be looking for a longer range pellet. 

My question is, if I can achieve similar results with the heavier pellet at yardage. Wouldn't the heavier pellet also be deadly accurate at close range ?

And why would I need close range pellets and then longe range pellets ? Why not stick with the more accurate heavier pellet for everything. 

I'm a simple man trying to simplify. 

heavy pellets when sighted at 'yardage' are about 2 foot off zero at realistic ranges .. they have a more pronounced arc trajectory unless you have a gun that can push them at nominal speeds ... imo its pretty pointless to waste money on heavy pellets anyway unless you have a very specific scenario with nonstop targets at long range .. its not the norm in the real world like pesting in the yard ... i have a brand new bargain gun im working on and just to empty the tank i loaded some mags with bargain standard weight pellets .. with a new scope i just slapped on it within 1 mag its sighted in and pops targets at 50 everytime .. with 6$/500 tin pellets .. whats a slug going to do for me ... nothing .. bragging rights in a made up fake situation ..

Its not that it will be more accurate at close range. The heavier pellet will fight the wind better than the lighter pellet. The heavier pellet will have a more pronounced arch at longer ranges than the lighter pellet but if you do you part and sight it in it won't matter. If you do shoot at 70 yards just shoot the heavier pellet. It will still be accurate at shorter distances. That's what I do and it works great. But it is fun to play and try everything.