• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Have .25 caliber Airguns Lost their shine?

I LOVE MY 25 CALS I HAVE 2 AND SHOOT THEM MORE AND MORE ALL THE TIME ,THERE WAS A TIME WHEN I FIRST STARTED OUT ,,FOR ME IT WAS BIGGER THE PROJECTILE THE BETTER HECK I WOULD HAVE SHOT BASEBALLS IF I COULD FIND A WAY TO JAM THEM IN A MAGAZINE ,,SI QUICKLY FOUND OUT THE A APPLICATION FOR ALL CALIBERS I NO LONGER FIND A NEED TO SHOOT MY 30 CAL ALL THE TIME AND WOULD RATHER BE MORE ACCURATE THAN MAJOR POWER ALL THE TIME .TAKE CARE STAY SAFE PAT

Reactions: Jibreal007
I used to use my 2 25 cals alot then something new, shiny, and exciting was announced. I sold them in anticipation of the new 25 cal toy and got screwed due to this virus. Now I use my 22 cal like it's going to be gone lol. It definitely has it's place when pesting on the farm. I usually don't use anything larger unless it's super wide open.

Reactions: Jibreal007
One-third of my airgun collection are .25 calibers. Living in a subdivision with neighbors in close proximity limits my use of the 25s. However, I believe they are the most versatile of the popular airgun calibers.

After I've finally convinced my wife to move to the country with me 😂, I envision the .25 cals getting the majority of my trigger time. Until that time, I'm stuck with these awesome .177 cals.😉
1589579633_7435000575ebf0f718842f2.96562203.JPG

1589580745_19253430205ebf13c97f67b5.30775569.JPG

I've had a few .30's and .35's . It's a personal thing but I just didn't find them as fun or tame to shoot. I like 'sedate' when it comes to airguns. Love my .177's. I wish my .22 had access to a little more power. Actually, a .22 that I can bump up far enough to shoot the heavier JSB's will be my next airgun but money is tight so it will be a while.

my .25 gets the most use.....

I have a few .25. But honestly I prefer shooting .22 these days.

The idea behind airguns for many is safe, accurate, short range shooting for fun, plinking, precision target, or pesting. The same reasons .22 rimfires Used to be preferred back in more rural areas and in more gun-oriented times. I own lots of different guns, both air and powder, and both are in .40-something down to .22, and for air, also in .177. I have room on the ranch to shoot them all, but generally prefer the .177 and .22 airguns.

The airguns meet most of my shooting needs perfectly. The firearms are noisy enough to preclude long shooting sessions, and the cost and effort to keep ammo supplies is getting daunting. The larger cal airguns need lots of air and ammo iand each shot is more costly than .22 and .177 sizes, yet the smaller sizes offer the same satisfaction for me overall.

Sure, a .25 bucks wind a bit better past 50+ yards, but the challenge is more satisfying to me to shoot well with the smaller pellets. And, even on 20+ acres, if a big heavy pellet or slug is aimed too high or too wide, it might do damage on a neighbor’s land.

I've never owned a .25 and never had much interest to. Growing up it was all .177 with a big leap to .22. I find .22 does most everything I need it do. When I was looking for a more powerful airgun I weighed .25 and .30 and decided that .25 was to close to .22 and the .30 had the power I wanted. I suppose it could've gone either way. If I was a .177 addict I may have chosen the .25 as the middle ground for the more readily available calibers. 

I shoot .22 about 90% of the time.

Not sure any particular caliber shines over another in the broad view of things, but for personal reasons to each their own..and for me, .25 cal is what I shoot. Not because its better, but because the marauder .25 cals were known for much better accuracy at the time of my purchase, and the calibers overall range of power suits my needs. I have tunes ranging from 18 fpe all the way up to 100 fpe in that caliber alone. Donate a sweet .22 cal barrel my way and I would shoot that caliber too, but until the time comes that I feel any benefit rebarreling I don't see myself doing so...