• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatson 95 solid scope mount

Hello,

I bought a Hatson 95 in .22 cal. I mounted the scope, with the included mounts on the dovetail. It will not hold.

I bought a new set of rings with 2 allen head screws on each mount, and tighten it down well (VERY WELL). It still will not hold.

It pops off after 3 shots. I have been shooting/hunting for 40 years. I have mounted zillions of rifle scopes (but yes never an air rifle).

I reload, cast bullets, shoot pistol, rifle and shotgun, 1000s of rounds per year.

There does seem to be 4 drilled and tapped holes (2 are under a back stop or something) and two are open.

Is there a mount some place that will go into those 4 drilled/tapped holes?

Is there a good solid mount that will hold?

I mean I don't mind spending money on a good mount so far these have sucked.

I found this on Amazon, but I am beginning to thing the dove tail won't hold.

www.amazon.com/Instapark-Riflescope-Magnum-Profile-Multi-bolt/dp/B001A7NGOO

I do see this has 5 screws and a long base, as well as a set screw it appears that ?? stops movement?

Help.............. I am beyond frustrated.

Ron in Michigan

thank you all in advance.

Those 4 drilled and tapped holes are for the scope stop plate with 2 small screws that should have come on the rifle. Every Hatsan and Turk built Webley I've ever bought that had a dovetail came with them. The included scope and ring set Hatsan sells with their guns is junk. They were when Hatsan included a 3-9x32 and the 4x32's they now include also are although they might work ok for something with no recoil.

I used 2 piece mounts on mine with that scope stop plate. Degrease the screws and holes, dab of Blue Loctite on each, then mounted the plate in the forward holes. The rest you can see in the pic. Back of the front ring snug against that plate and tightened down, then the back one I just set where it needed to be to get the scope mounted solid. All my dovetailed Hatsans/Turk built Webleys are set up that way and I've never had one come off or slide on the rails.

You can also use the back set of holes for the plate, then mount the back edge of your 1 piece mount against it, just make sure the curled edge is against the scope base.

Hatsan scope stop plate 1.1614210281.jpg

I just got a Hatsan 95 also. I too had trouble getting the scope mounted. What I found was that it's tricky to get the "claws" that grip the dovetail groove properly in place--they may look OK without actually being fully engaged in the slots. I noticed that after my first couple of tries the scope wasn't on straight so I knew something wasn't right (one giveaway is that the front sight will not line up with the vertical crosshair). I took the scope off the mounts and took the rings off. Then loosened the screws for the clamping parts. Then I carefully and slowly tightened them while closely watching how they engaged. After a couple of tries I got the mounts solidly in place. Then be sure to tighten the heck out the screws before shooting. I had some trouble with the scope not holding at first but quickly realized I didn't have the screws on the mount very tight. Fixed that and now the gun now shoots straight and the scope hasn't moved or lost adjustment.