• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan Vortex QE

I just unpacked a new Hatsan Vortex QE 95 I cleaned the barrel with some felt cleaning pellets and followed with a patch on a Jag. The gun comes with a scope not mounted and I will not mount it until I get a tin of pellets through it with regular sights. I purchased a smaller laser bore sighter than I already own to fit .177 and help with getting the bullet on paper before going to the range, I have done this with all of my centerfire and rimfire guns. To my surprise the bore sighter does not fit. The barrel does not extend to the front it is set back several inches behind the silencer section which has a much larger opening this makes the actual barrel only 12 or 13 inches long. I know from shooting 22lr that longer barrels do not mean better accuracy it depends on barrel quality, however if I had known I would have gotten the regular vortex. I bought this with no illusions of it being a tack driver,However I will make no other judgements until shooting for a while. Does anyone else have one of these? Let me know your thoughts or experience. 

I have a spring Hatsan 95 and it shoots very well. I don't seem to be able to get the trigger set like I want but It still shoots very small groups at 30 yards. I also think that the wood and the finish are top notch. No it ain't a HWxx or a FXxxx but it is a heck of a rifle for 100 dollars plus shipping. I shoot mostly PCP's these days but I am slightly suprised each time I take it out.

I wish you the best with your95

God Bless

Bobby

These days, I think the included scope is something like a 4x32 and just as lousy as the 3-9x32's they used to include to make you think you got a good deal because it had an included scope. If you decide you're keeping it, seriously consider buying a better, air gun rated scope for it and a good one piece mount.

That QE moderator gets bigger at the front because there are 4 pieces to the QE baffle system. The end cap unscrews and inside you'll find 2 pieces that look like small hair rollers with felt wrapped around them, the other 2 are spacers at the muzzle end that can be either clear plastic or metal. There's a 14mm nut inside there that holds the shroud to the barrel.

The Quattro trigger can be adjusted and you'll find videos on YouTube on how to do it. It's an oddball because instead of the straight back trigger pull most are used to, the pull on the Quattro is back and up at about a 30 degree angle. As described by a friend, one of the easiest ways to pull that trigger is to put your finger at the very bottom of the trigger with the bottom edge of your finger against the trigger guard and let your finger slide against that bottom edge all the way through the pull. 

Depending on where you bought it from, shoot the bejesus out of it for 21 days to see if you're really going to like it and if not, you'll still have 9 days to return it if it the retailer has a 30 day return policy. Just make sure you keep the box and everything that came with it. Heavier pellets will also likely be your friend considering the power that Vortex ram generates.

Thank you all for replies. I notice the scope they sent is not for close range but that is no great loss I have a large selection of scopes on other rifles and I would eventually put one on with adjustable parallax. I also bet I can swap barrels if I do not like this one. I did notice how the baffles were assembled I did not buy the QE because of the quiet factor but because of the dovetail on the barrel and the possibility of changing the front sight. Plus it just looks cooler. I have acquired a large selection of pellet shapes and sizes as I have two Crosman 1377s I have been using. I should be set now all I need is range time. :) 

Barrel swap is fairly easy and unlike the old days, I think Hatsan now sells barrels (along with gas rams and triggers), just not a clue how much they want for one. 5 years or so ago, it was $80, you had to send them the rifle, pay shipping both ways plus labor and they wouldn't give you back your original barrel.

If you're interested in at least finding out, send them an email using their General Inquiries form: https://hatsanairgunsusa.com/contact-us/

While it still takes a few days to get a reply, they seem to answer faster contacting them that way than they do the Customer Service link.

I'll add again, make sure whatever scope you decide on is air gun rated. If you aren't sure, email whoever made it, they'll happily tell you.