Hatsan vortex piston fix

Do you have a link to the adapter and fill probe you used? Link below to a thread that might help folks.

Curious which 2 Hatsan rifles. Also curious how you got Pell gun oil in them since the only ones you might be able to are the ones with bleed valves you could take the screw out and get the oil in that way to possibly do you any good.
Male quick disconnect something like this:
Hatsan fill probe similar to this:

Curious which 2 Hatsan rifles. Also curious how you got Pell gun oil in them since the only ones you might be able to are the ones with bleed valves you could take the screw out and get the oil in that way to possibly do you any good.
Male quick disconnect something like this:
Hatsan fill probe similar to this:
My fill probe connects to a 1/8 " foster quick connect. It has a steal tube about 1/4" in diameter with an "0" ring at the tip and one at the back. You push the first "0" ring into the port on the Vortex piston, then put pellgun oil in so it fills the space between the "0" rings. Then press the adapter all the way in and connect your pump. I backed it out after each of the first 3 pumps, to add more oil.

Just shoot the oil in with the air by filling the adaptot / probe. .. that how i was thinking to get it in ..

Thing is will any of that stop the leak down? Funny i thought maybe that power steering seal stop leak oil as a quick and see fix .lol..

Ya, i also got a hatsan ram fail .. so options on ant fix outside of new is a concideration

My fill probe connects to a 1/8 " foster quick connect. It has a steal tube about 1/4" in diameter with an "0" ring at the tip and one at the back. You push the first "0" ring into the port on the Vortex piston, then put pellgun oil in so it fills the space between the "0" rings. Then press the adapter all the way in and connect your pump. I backed it out after each of the first 3 pumps, to add more oil.
Kind of what I figured you tried. I know what the adapter and fill probe look like. Bought all that before I ever bought my first of 4 Hatsan PCP's because I had several Hatsan rifles and wanted to tinker with the Vortex rams in them. Just never thought about trying pell gun oil and how well it might or might not work to keep the seals in the ram from drying out and letting the air bleed off.

Hi guys, I repair those Hatsan gas rams and warranty them to hold air. This is interesting what he did but all the gas rams I have repaired were beyond this fix. I have a way to test them and make sure they are holding the correct pressure. I usually pressure test them for 2 weeks just to make sure the repair worked. I take apart new Hatsan 's right out of the box and rebuild the gas rams and have found them to be leaking. It's very hard to tell if they're bad unless a pressure test of the gas ram is done. I have found this out because trying to chrony the gun can sometimes fool me. That has burned me more then once. Just to be fair to Hatsan , according to a company that builds gas rams for industry and I quote ( all gas rams leak and need to be refilled at some point).

I wasn't finished with my post but my stupid phone was. Anyway here are a few things I have come across.

20221028_131740.jpg

20220802_141419.jpg

20220319_201050.jpg

Reactions: A.G.R
I guess that maybe the pictures need a little explanation. The first picture look at the rod, blow it up so you can see the gouge. That gas ram was junk, no fixing that. Next picture the bolt sticking out was the stop bolt . That was keeping the gun from cocking. Last picture blow it up and look where the brass meets the rod and you will see the rubber o-ring sticking out. That gas ram took over 3 weeks leaking low enough to show slower chrony speeds. It was a very slow leak. I ope this help everyone.

Reactions: Mcrafty1
Hi guys, I repair those Hatsan gas rams and warranty them to hold air. This is interesting what he did but all the gas rams I have repaired were beyond this fix. I have a way to test them and make sure they are holding the correct pressure. I usually pressure test them for 2 weeks just to make sure the repair worked. I take apart new Hatsan 's right out of the box and rebuild the gas rams and have found them to be leaking. It's very hard to tell if they're bad unless a pressure test of the gas ram is done. I have found this out because trying to chrony the gun can sometimes fool me. That has burned me more then once. Just to be fair to Hatsan , according to a company that builds gas rams for industry and I quote ( all gas rams leak and need to be refilled at some point).

You must have a full time job Richfromohio! lol my Hatsan 95 went out today! Thanks! out of warranty but havent shot 200 rounds! Prolly won't be buying another one! Great gun until it wasn't!

Fix the ram or just rebuild it as a springer. End caps between springer and gas ram are a hair different, so you just need the end cap for the spring version, the spring and spring guide.
My first rifle back to shooting was a Vortex rammed .25 caliber. Ram failure was my fault for tinkering with it, but thanks to a parts rifle that had an already tuned action from fellow member SpiralGroove, it's now a springer, still have it almost 9 years later, it still shoots very well and within 10fpe of what it did with the gas ram in it.
Before and after switching to spring and a stock refinish:
Model 95 before and after.jpg

Reactions: onemetalknee
Hatsans are like Ford cars, it’s not if,it’s when.. 😂. Just because the rams are a weak point does not make the complete gun bad.. if your brake pads go bad you replace them and continue to drive the vehicle..
These are Kia’s of air rifles.
These guns are < than $300 ….. what do you expect. They need some aftermarket work like most Ford’s

Hatsans are like Ford cars, it’s not if,it’s when.. 😂. Just because the rams are a weak point does not make the complete gun bad.. if your brake pads go bad you replace them and continue to drive the vehicle..
These are Kia’s of air rifles.
These guns are < than $300 ….. what do you expect. They need some aftermarket work like most Ford’s
These days, seems like you can say the same thing about any number of higher end/more expensive rifles too. They all benefit from a little TLC to make them shoot better.

Reactions: A.G.R
These days, seems like you can say the same thing about any number of higher end/more expensive rifles too. They all benefit from a little TLC to make them shoot better.
This is true, albeit Wheirauch has cam along way , they have corrected just about , ABOUT ,,,every weak point there is on a Hw 80, AND THE 95.. There still a few warts .. They did fix the front brackets and wedge set up. As well as the cocking shoe .. Only real weak point is the Seal, and the trigger blade could be better quality. These are tiny ones that are easily. fixed by most but many buy these and shoot them. It’s 90% of people.
I’ve flirted with the idea of the .30 cal 130s , I swore to my self I was done with building and messing with big guns after this ”Thunderbird” project is finalized.. (it’s flying by the way, ill post soon, what I got).
That garbage sized pellet has me Hypnotized 😵‍💫. I can hear the sound of it hitting a squirrels head..

Last edited:
Fix the ram or just rebuild it as a springer. End caps between springer and gas ram are a hair different, so you just need the end cap for the spring version, the spring and spring guide.
My first rifle back to shooting was a Vortex rammed .25 caliber. Ram failure was my fault for tinkering with it, but thanks to a parts rifle that had an already tuned action from fellow member SpiralGroove, it's now a springer, still have it almost 9 years later, it still shoots very well and within 10fpe of what it did with the gas ram in it.
Before and after switching to spring and a stock refinish:
View attachment 426310
Thank you very much!

How do you depressurise these Hatsan vortex rams not all of them have a bleed screw?