• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan Volt Review - new to the compressor market

It arrived today and I really did not know what to expect as I have not owned any compressors before. I was trying to hold out for an Air Venturi 110 volt model but no availability and double the price took priority, but may end up with one yet.

Unboxing was usual and minimal parts were found including an extra air filter set up. I read the prep manual and tried the leak test but found it hard to hear any leaks as the thing is rather noisy - not loud but noisy like a shoe box. I was surprised to see no recommendation for lube/oil/grease etc - says opening the case will void warranty. Almost settled on a Yong Heng but opted to try this when I saw it at better than retail price ($550) on freebay. It has a very portable battery cable option and I think that will be handy as I go afield a bit. But don't switch the 12 volt AC on and plug in to 110 - crispy critter I bet! It has a nice Farenheit readout and it got up to about 155 -160 in the 5-7 minutes it took to fill my Mrod from 2300 - 3000 - not bad I think. Auto shut down setting is at 250 bar but only got up to about 210 bar at the read out during first test run. Fan runs continuously and makes it "noisy" as I said before along with the pump noise. I was pleased with the results but it had that new electronic hot smell but dissipated quickly - and fan ran awhile after shutdown to cool - It isl not supposed fill a tank larger than 1 liter safely but should work well on my Marauder and Crown - we will see - the jury is still out and I will keep you updated . So far -10 minutes run time - hmmmm - I am nervous 👍

Looks like a mini me of this one!

1596686077_14810998935f2b7efdf40539.07833176.png