• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan Hatsan VELOX Review (Video)

Sigh... I fail to see why people are so drawn to your channel. As a reviewer you owe it to your audience to give them the complete and honest picture. That includes not just the pros, but the cons as well.

Even if you didn't experience any problems with yours, there have been plenty of people reporting issues with this model since day 1. Shouldn't you at least bring those up so people can make an informed decision? Especially since Hatsan is imfamous for their horrible customer service.

Also, for the love of god, please change the title of your Viper .30 review... it's nowhere near the most powerful semi-auto PCP pistol. That is flat out misleading.

Last edited:
Sigh... I fail to see why people are so drawn to your channel. As a reviewer you owe it to your audience to give them the complete and honest picture. That includes not just the pros, but the cons as well.

Even if you didn't experience any problems with yours, there have been plenty of people reporting issues with this model since day 1. Shouldn't you at least bring those up so people can make an informed decisio ? Especially since Hatsan is imfamous for their horrible customer service.

Also, for the love of god, please change the title of your Viper .30 review... it's nowhere near the most powerful semi-auto PCP pistol. That is flat out misleading.
I think the .30 Viper is the only 30 cal PCP pistol. AEA pistol/rifles with buttstocks don't count. The GK1 does not come in .30. Turning a GK1 up to 70 foot pound for literally 1 shot per fill does not count either.

I'm not the Quality Police. If a Velox screws up, it's a guaranteed product. Hatsan and/or Pyramyd Air will gladly replace it for free. My advice, and you will see this in the comments of the video, test your Velox ALOT as soon as you get it. If any problems arise, return it promtlty. I did see one review where the guy said he had problems. ALL airguns have problems. My Daystate Redwolf leaked, but would I mention it in a Red Wolf review? No, because Daystates don't normally leak....etc.

Viewers need to "read between the lines" on my channel. If a rifle is only shot out to 25 yards for example in a video. It's likely that gun in not accurate past 25 yards...even if I didn't say that. All my channel is good for is for an up close look at the gun and to see how it shoots out of the box.

Reactions: boscoebrea
I think the .30 Viper is the only 30 cal PCP pistol. AEA pistol/rifles with buttstocks don't count. The GK1 does not come in .30. Turning a GK1 up to 70 foot pound for literally 1 shot per fill does not count either.

I'm not the Quality Police. If a Velox screws up, it's a guaranteed product. Hatsan and/or Pyramyd Air will gladly replace it for free. My advice, and you will see this in the comments of the video, test your Velox ALOT as soon as you get it. If any problems arise, return it promtlty. I did see one review where the guy said he had problems. ALL airguns have problems. My Daystate Redwolf leaked, but would I mention it in a Red Wolf review? No, because Daystates don't normally leak....etc.

Viewers need to "read between the lines" on my channel. If a rifle is only shot out to 25 yards for example in a video. It's likely that gun in not accurate past 25 yards...even if I didn't say that. All my channel is good for is for an up close look at the gun and to see how it shoots out of the box.
I honestly don't understand why you get so much flack on this forum. I've watched a couple of your vids and nothing jumped out at me that would make me not like your content.

Maybe something happened before my time on here, I dunno, but having fun and making videos. If you can make some money or get free gear out of it too, then it's worth it IMO.

Even if you didn't experience any problems with yours, there have been plenty of people reporting issues with this model since day 1. Shouldn't you at least bring those up so people can make an informed decisio ? Especially since Hatsan is imfamous for their horrible customer service.

Worse airgun review channel out there.

I honestly don't understand why you get so much flack on this forum. I've watched a couple of your vids and nothing jumped out at me that would make me not like your content.

Maybe something happened before my time on here, I dunno, but having fun and making videos. If you can make some money or get free gear out of it too, then it's worth it IMO.
It is not the content itself that bugs me, it's what it is presented as. If you can't see that, then you don't seem to understand the purpose of a REVIEW. The purpose of a review is to offer an expert or informed opinion that gives readers/viewers filtered, useful information. This goes for every single product review. From movies, to cars, to appliances, etc. People want to know what to expect before they spend their hard-earned money on something.

If Nate doesn't want to address (possible) issues or weigh the pros and cons, fine. But then don't call it a review. Call it something else, like "shooting the Velox" or "Velox accuracy test" or something like that. The fact that he defends this by saying he is "not the quality police" absolutely baffles me.

If you look at contemporaty airgun channels, like AAR or Shooting Gear Reviews, they will usually point out flaws or things to look out for, alongside all the positives and having fun. Heck, even Gregor pointed out shortcomings on the GK1. A gun which he himself designed.

My GK1 is tuned to approx. 67 ft-lbs (90 joules), and it gives me exactly 17 shots (i.e. one full magazine), with the last shot coming in at 55 ft-lbs. That is still close to double the power of the Viper .30, AND more shots per fill to boot. Caliber size alone is not the deciding factor. I can shoot a .30 cal pellet with a slingshot. That doesn't make the slingshot more powerful than the GK1.

Either you don't know much about the GK1, or you are being disingenuous. I am not biased on this matter. I also own a Viper.

Last edited:

Kinda like watching TV. If I don't like a show, I don't watch it. And then of course I would not waste My time Writing about why or tell others why they should not watch either. I simply move along and let the other Viewers make up their own minds. I take nothing I see as Gospel. I enjoy the Videos. Entertaining. JMO YMMV

It is not the content itself that bugs me, it's what it is presented as. If you can't see that, then you don't seem to understand the purpose of a REVIEW. The purpose of a review is to offer an expert or informed opinion that gives readers/viewers filtered, useful information. This goes for every single product review. From movies, to cars, to appliances, etc. People want to know what to expect before they spend their hard-earned money on something.

If Nate doesn't want to address (possible) issues or weigh the pros and cons, fine. But then don't call it a review. Call it something else, like "shooting the Velox" or "Velox accuracy test" or something like that. The fact that he defends this by saying he is "not the quality police" absolutely baffles me.

If you look at contemporaty airgun channels, like AAR or Shooting Gear Reviews, they will usually point out flaws or things to look out for, alongside all the positives and having fun. Heck, even Gregor pointed out shortcomings on the GK1. A gun which he himself designed.
Most review channels fluff up the item as perfect. Maybe a few don't, but most do.

That aside, I've noticed in the couple years I've been on this forum that Nate gets a lot of hate and he takes it in stride and keeps coming back. Good on him for keeping his head up. I don't think I've ever seen him retaliate in a post towards people.

Do you have a problem with Ben from Shooting Gear Reviews too? He definitely talks up each and every gun as they are the bees knees. That's just one example that came to mind.

Even if you didn't experience any problems with yours, there have been plenty of people reporting issues with this model since day 1. Shouldn't you at least bring those up so people can make an informed decision? Especially since Hatsan is imfamous for their horrible customer service.

What Nate does is show you airguns and not try and come off like he's the world's leading expert in airgun technology.

Too many self proclaimed experts that go over ever detail, which is boring to me, and they simply regurgitate the owners manual, or just the most basic information.

There's plenty of other out there that if you didn't know any better would have you believe that they invented airguns.

Does he cover everything, of course not, but he shows the guns being used, which is all I want, and does it in a light humorous way at times, which I enjoy, because I use airguns because I enjoy airguns, and too often with videos, those making them look as though they only do it as a job, and aren't having fun.
Nate looks as though he really enjoys himself, good for him..

I have a GK1, I have mine set to 60 ft lb and I get all 17 shots out of my .25. when I was testing mine I got it up to 81 foot pounds and I was able to get 3 shots before it dropped drastically. How can I trust your reviews when you're not even telling the truth in here? Unless you've never used the gun properly and you just really think that you're right.

How can you not understand? Just read what everybody is saying and then you will understand, it's not difficult.

Kinda like watching TV. If I don't like a show, I don't watch it. And then of course I would not waste My time Writing about why or tell others why they should not watch either. I simply move along and let the other Viewers make up their own minds. I take nothing I see as Gospel. I enjoy the Videos. Entertaining. JMO YMMV
And that's your right but he is not a TV show where we know it's fake. He's passing off his crap as a review and trying to help us make a informed decision on how we should spend our money which is what a review is for. But his reviews are bullpoop because he never explains what's wrong with a gun. When I'm spending my money I find out the information the good and bad on a product I want to buy. He passes off all his reviews as the product is perfect and there's no cons and when he's called out on it, he said some dumb bullpoop like "you should read between the lines of my reviews"

How can you not understand? Just read what everybody is saying and then you will understand, it's not difficult.
Opinions are like a$$holes... or so they say.

It's not everyone. I just think certain people on here don't like the guy be it something he said/did, or they're just jealous they don't have all the toys for free to review. I don't really care either way, I just think everyone gangs up on this guy on here.

Last edited:
Why and how would he tell folks about problems if he didn't experience any? His reviews are short and of un-modified airguns right out of the box. I enjoy Nate's videos and take them as they are, an overview with some actual use. If I am considering purchasing a new airgun, I watch several videos from a variety of YouTubers and take away something different from each. If you don't like his videos, don't watch them, simple as that. No reason to be bashing anyone on their opinion. If you want a channel that shows the negatives of every airgun, maybe you could start one to fill that void...

Yeah man. In the old days this Forum was like the Wild West (remember when there were comments allowed on classified ads?).. There was ALOT of drama and I "got into it" many times, showing the worst of myself, when I was an up and coming Youtuber. I was always sorry after I got into it with someone. I think I finally learned to keep my cool on AGN. Everyone is entitled to thier opinion. This is the USA !!!!

I think people put up with me because I'm the only guy with almost every new gun that comes out, and I show up for work each week...for years.

Thanks for all the support that got me this far! -Nate

20240513_080055.jpg

One YouTube channel is enough for me. I'm not going to start another one to do someone else's job :ROFLMAO:

And it's called critisism. Nate can either take it to heart, or don't. Either is fine by me, but I will not refrain from voicing my critisism because other people enjoy his content. I would do the same to any reviewer.
Thanks for the constructive critisism. That does help me improve things! I will try and list some things on the guns that could be better. Look for it at the end of my next video. Since only about 14% stay till the end of a video, most people won't see that part anyway LOL! -Nate

P.S. 50% of viewers bail in the first 30 seconds, even on my hit videos. Thats normal. I'm not Mr. Beast! (80%+ retention rate. Mine is 14%) This is actually one of my top videos (.457 Elite)
state.JPG

The Mr. Beast of airgun channels is Blocktech Outdoors. ALL his videos go VIRAL. Every last one. He kills animals though, but not in all his videos, maybe 1/3. I always knew I could build a huge channel on the blood of the innocent. ... I'm just not interested. He gained over 100k subscribers just this month! I hate you Blake! (He also helped me figure out monetization) Thanks Blake!, Try being nice to animals!

Last edited:
Thanks for the constructive critisism. That does help me improve things! I will try and list some things on the guns that could be better. Look for it at the end of my next video. Since only about 14% stay till the end of a video, most people won't see that part anyway LOL! -Nate

P.S. 50% of viewers bail in the first 30 seconds, even on my hit videos. Thats normal. I'm not Mr. Beast! (80%+ retention rate. Mine is 14%) This is actually one of my top videos (.457 Elite) View attachment 465519

The Mr. Beast of airgun channels is Blocktech Outdoors. ALL his videos go VIRAL. Every last one. He kills animals though, but not in all his videos, maybe 1/3. I always knew I could build a huge channel on the blood of the innocent. ... I'm just not interested. He gained over 100k subscribers just this month! I hate you Blake! (He also helped me figure out monetization) Thanks Blake!, Try being nice to animals!
Never heard of that Blocktech guy, so you can one up him on that!

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers