Hatsan Vectis

How many of you guys have a Vectis? I bought a 25 caliber back when they were on sale from PA a month ago for like $285. Figured I love my flashpup and regret selling my hydra, might as well try the lever gun. In stock form they are pretty fugly and loud, so I took off the top plastic barrel/tube cover and installed a Tanto. Tuned it for 800-825-800 fps for 3 mags with the cheap vortex pellets which it loves. Gives dime groups at 30 yards with the occasional flier. They're basically the answer to a 25 caliber premier lol.
Anyhow, I was out enjoying the weather and ripping through some pellets, these guns sure are fun! Go through 100 pellets really fast with the lever and a bottle on hand! My only regret with this gun is it being 25, due to pellet pricing and availability sometimes. That and it eats through air quicker.
What are your thoughts on these guns?
20220703_083332.jpg
20220703_084513.jpg

I've only got 30 yards at the house to play with but with baracuda hunter extreme they will stack at that distance. The vortex strike pellets 3 out of 5 will group good, but those are just for playing around. If I get out to my dad's I can stretch it to 75 yards. My flashpup sidelever in 22 will stack 18 grain cudas at 60 yards so hopefully the vectis follows suit.

As for the eagle claw, I can't comment BUT I picked up a mint in the box sumatra carbine in 25 caliber and that things is an absolute beast! I've set up a tune for 12 shots doing 68 fpe with jsb 33.95s.

On full power with a 47 grain slug it will do right at 1000 fps which is like 102 fpe! Next shot is down in the low 800s though. It uses 50 BAR per shot on full power. It is a pure hunting gun. Hope to get some hogs with it this fall.

Reactions: pnwairgunner
I had one in .22 a while back. Was seduced by the price, and I shoot Cowboy Action so having a lever action airgun was interesting to me.

The word 'refined' has come up in a few posts, and I didn't find the Vectis to be that. And yes, OEM they are pretty darned loud, even in .22 cal. It was intended as a fun, off-hand shooter for me, so I don't even recall if I specifically shot any groups with it.

And there is always the disclaimer of 'what do you expect in a gun of this low price point'?

Anyway, I sold mine cheap on the AGN classifieds some time ago. I found out that I was having more fun with air guns which were more refined, but came at a higher price point. The Vectis and the Hydra (my only 2 Hatsan guns) have both been sold off. IIRC I was able to get the trigger a little better in the Hydra as compared to the Vectis, but neither were for me.

I bought a re-furb .177 for something like $225 delivered when they first became available because I didn't have a pcp in .177 and I have never owned a lever gun. I was a bit skeptical about the plastic frame at first, but the lever action worked great, they fixed the initial magazine problem very quickly, and it has been a very reliable shooter since. I cut off the worthless muzzlebrake too, fun fact: the polymer used in the muzzle brake weighed more than the Tanto I replaced it with. It is an incredibly tough dense plastic, no denying that. Lately, I have started shooting slugs, NSA 12.5gr, and they shoot great at 882fps. I didn't touch my hammerspring either. I fill to 2500psi and I only shoot one mag between fills (it's for pesting only) and it shoots CPD 10.5gr at 950fps, JSB 13.43gr RD at 850fps. All of these pellets and slug easily shoot sub 1" groups (14 shots) at 50 yards. Good enough for me! The NSA slugs really have their place, what a blast shooting at reactive targets at 120 yards with a .177. Yeah, the Vectis is alright in my book, especially when you can pick up re-furbs for so cheap.

I HAVE ONE ITS 25 CAL FOR OVER 2 YEARS ! WITH THE 30 GR H&N I GET 827 FPS OVER 14 SHOTS. NEVER A PROBLEM!! I SHOOT IT SINGLE AND AT 50 1/2 ALL DAY . TRULY BETTER THAN SOME OF THE HIGH END GUNS I HAVE OWNED!!! MAYBE MINE WAS NOT BUILT ON A FRIDAY??!! JUST FYI PAPERP
That's smoking with the 30 grain cudas! I've thought about tuning mine for just 2 mags instead of 3 to increase the power. My hydra I had, which is basically the same firing components and barrels as the flash/pup/vectis, shot lights out to 50-60 yards with polymags doing 45 fpe. I just figured tune for a few more shots since it's a lever gun and a small air reservoir. It's still doing 37 fpe over 30 shots which for a backyard gun is plenty for even up to the occasional raccoon I get.

I have seen a couple flashpups with the extended air tube off the AT44 I think it is, and thats possible with the vectis. Would have to get a shroud/baffles together but that's easy enough. Probably adapt an Mrod shroud and air stripper and be set.

I bought a re-furb .177 for something like $225 delivered when they first became available because I didn't have a pcp in .177 and I have never owned a lever gun. I was a bit skeptical about the plastic frame at first, but the lever action worked great, they fixed the initial magazine problem very quickly, and it has been a very reliable shooter since. I cut off the worthless muzzlebrake too, fun fact: the polymer used in the muzzle brake weighed more than the Tanto I replaced it with. It is an incredibly tough dense plastic, no denying that. Lately, I have started shooting slugs, NSA 12.5gr, and they shoot great at 882fps. I didn't touch my hammerspring either. I fill to 2500psi and I only shoot one mag between fills (it's for pesting only) and it shoots CPD 10.5gr at 950fps, JSB 13.43gr RD at 850fps. All of these pellets and slug easily shoot sub 1" groups (14 shots) at 50 yards. Good enough for me! The NSA slugs really have their place, what a blast shooting at reactive targets at 120 yards with a .177. Yeah, the Vectis is alright in my book, especially when you can pick up re-furbs for so cheap.
I think this gun would be perfect in 177. Detuned for 8 grain pellets or so. Could get plenty of shots on a fill then. I think I was getting 4 mags/56 shots at full power on a fill with my hydra converted to 177. I can squeeze out 4 mags/48 shots from my flashpup in 22 if I tune it for lighter pellets but it's set up for squirrel smacking at 35 fpe/3 mags.

I had one in .22 a while back. Was seduced by the price, and I shoot Cowboy Action so having a lever action airgun was interesting to me.

The word 'refined' has come up in a few posts, and I didn't find the Vectis to be that. And yes, OEM they are pretty darned loud, even in .22 cal. It was intended as a fun, off-hand shooter for me, so I don't even recall if I specifically shot any groups with it.

And there is always the disclaimer of 'what do you expect in a gun of this low price point'?

Anyway, I sold mine cheap on the AGN classifieds some time ago. I found out that I was having more fun with air guns which were more refined, but came at a higher price point. The Vectis and the Hydra (my only 2 Hatsan guns) have both been sold off. IIRC I was able to get the trigger a little better in the Hydra as compared to the Vectis, but neither were for me.
The plastic trigger on the vectis leaves something to be desired but it's still a decent 2 stage if you adjust it. I actually haven't even touched mine, it's almost a single stage still but light enough I dont mind. My flashpup is ridiculously light and if I'm shooting other guns all day and pick they up I have to be careful not to have a negligent discharge lol. Trigger discipline is critical!

Being a virgin to this whole experience, I really need a website or thread dedicated to educating me to the terminology, technology, and everything i else I need to kno, to become a contributing member of these conversations. Not to mention I am itching to get busy with my oversized collection of entry level and slightly more expensive pcp rifles. i have both Hatsan jet, a gauntlet 2, umarex origin, Benjamin Mrod gen 2or 3 (not sure), Stoeger xm1, sig Sauer virtu, hatsan vectis and a few other co2 and springer rifle. Got all in just a few months. did realize that for the cost of all these I could have got a couple higher end rifles. Live and learn. I figure now that I have them, I might as well learn how to modify and tweak rifles on some of them. Advic, assistanc, or guidance pleas. But if you are just going to bang on me for wasting my mone, just ignore me instead. Thank You!!!!