• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan USA.... Never again

What is wrong with this company ?or what is right ? should be the question, sent in an airmax that started using a lot of air with each shot to their service department, because you can't actually talk to a tech so it all via email, anyway after a huge amount of confusing emails they it was fixed.
Then were going to charge me for return shipping even after I had the return label
I get it back and still dumping huge amount of air, exactly the same problem and 2 screws left out of scope mount....
I'm done with hatsans
My advice steer clear of a company like this, such crap service from hatsan.

If you want to fix it yourself it's probably the anti bounce mechanism. It sits under the hammer and is u shaped. After a while the u shape gets bent out and jams. Bend it back by squeezing it a bit. It will happen again eventually. It's a design flaw I believe. I put a bit of moly on mine to help it last longer

If you want to fix it yourself it's probably the anti bounce mechanism. It sits under the hammer and is u shaped. After a while the u shape gets bent out and jams. Bend it back by squeezing it a bit. It will happen again eventually. It's a design flaw I believe. I put a bit of moly on mine to help it last longer
Thanks for your reply. This is something that should have been identified and fixed at hatsan but as they cannot read the initial complaint,
Does this require driving out the two pins at the back of the receiver to get to the antibounce mechanism?
Jacko

Almost exactly my experience with Hatsan. I sent a springer back at their behest, because of a grinding when it was being cocked. It didnt do it every time, but if you shot it 10 times, it would do it at least once, every time. The thing cost nearly $60 to send back on their preferred carrier. I got it back quickly, was the same rifle by serial number. I sent an email to the contact I had and asked what was done to it. The reply was, "nothing was done, tech didn't duplicate complaint. I went and cocked the rifle, to the exact same grinding. No reply when I said it still did the same thing, and who would pay shipping. Hatsan USA has received the last dollar they will ever get from me.

Thanks for your reply. This is something that should have been identified and fixed at hatsan but as they cannot read the initial complaint,
Does this require driving out the two pins at the back of the receiver to get to the antibounce mechanism?
I think the pins hold in the trigger mechanism. I removed them but i'm not sure if you need to. The top half of the receiver/action come apart and you will see the antibounce mechanism

Last edited:
Now I’m nervous. I just sent 2 in for repair that were out of warranty.
I would be too, the repair note said " functions as it should" and comes back with the same problem waste of money shipping it back and forth.
They didn't even realize I paid for the return shipping until I pointed it out...
I won't deal ever have anything to do with stupidity like this.
I'll enjoy the Edgun and Daystate, they stand by their products and have the knowledge to perform any service required.

Hopefully I will have better luck. I got a AT44QE on closeout and one of the mags was improperly machined. An email to their warranty service dept and they rushed a replacement to me on my word only. Didn't want photos or the defective part returned. This is my first Hatsan and an older model well known. No company has spotless records on guns coming out of the factory perfect, even a well-respected Northern European outfit well known here. Time will tell but I would have higher expectations for a $2K gun than a $300 one. Still expecting decent warranty service is not expecting too much.

As Scott pointed out Hatsans are cheaply made and really not worth the effort or the money to ship them back for repairs. Of course the same goes for Umarex, Gamo, and the Chinese Crosman springers. If you like tinkering these guns can be fun but don’t expect much in the way of durability. I own several Hatsans. I like them but I do not expect them to be heirlooms.

Jacko
When I buy an Airgun, I pretty much assume I am the Warranty.
Most things can be fixed with basic skills. Now parts availability is critical.

That said, I owned at least 15 Hatsans, product engineering is not their strong point. However, price point and looks are positives.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hateful McNasty
I really don't understand what happened to the brand..when I started 8 years ago they were the hot ticket in the affordable range..so many changes n advance in AG technology..n they are doing the same heavy obsolete guns from 8 years ago..by now the bt65 line were supposed to be regulated n lighter n with the proper side level in all the calibers .they bottle guns were supposed to be more powerful regulated n lighter.. I'm surprised they are still in business.. I really liked the bt65 line if the would have given the necessary updates I certainly would have purchased a few.