Hatsan - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

The first 135 received was early in the production. Better finishing through out however the next one .25 was very nice also. The first one had a very slow leaking Vortex gas ram. Did not notice it until after the warranty expired. Could have been what you are talking about. Not sure. Hatsan sent a new Vortex ram to me that only cost $40. Neither has ever been an issue for me since and they are stored standing up in a safe. Same with several other Vortex 95’s and never a problem. Maybe the issue was early on. No matter as when they give out (and sooner or later they will) they will be replaced with springs anyway. Gas rams have seals and seals expire. Springs don’t. They rarely break. They can be tuned as smooth as gas rams. Everything is a trade off.
I don't know anything about the gas rams but I beg to differ on springs not wearing out because the one in my Diana 34 wore itself out into four pieces loaned out to my neighbor. I cant tell you how many pellets have been through it but north of five thousand is accurate. I didnt know springs were a wear item until I started researching the topic. The gun is down waiting on my Macarri tune kit. Just a spring is twenty dollars plus eight shipping but they are out of stock and I wanted the full tune kit anyway. If you are a high count shooter I would get a spring and piston seal from the vendor of your choice to have on hand. Maybe checking velocity with a chronograph may alert you to a pending failure, others with more experience might chime in and enlighten us.

Good guns. Cheep, hevy, n’ tha blooin iz turible. Soft metil n’ tha scroos two. Bilt like a tank tho.
Nise would on tha spensive wons. To dang hevy too hunt wit. I got for uv em. Tha big mod 125 in 25 kaliber is sho nuff bad medasin four skwirls!
I'm going to adopt this method of writing. Instead of worrying about misspellings, I'll spell everything wrong on purpose. Brilliant!

I own a Hatsan 95 and I just finished experimenting with the longer trigger screw modification. I'm very pleased with the result. Got the weight down to just under 3 lbs which is so much better than it was. Those Quatro triggers are ridiculously heavy out of the box.