• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan TactAir 3 Stage Pump and Benjamin Akela

I must preface this post with the following - I am utterly new to the world of PCP. I've enjoyed multip-pumps, and break barrels growing up, but have been eyeballing PCPs for years and finally took the plunge.

I took advantage of a gift card i had with Bass Pro, and purchased the Hatsan TactAir 3 Stage Pump stupidly assuming that it would fit the Benjamin Akela. The Akela arrived today, and the quick connect female fitting on the pump, isn't fitting on the Akela.

Mind you, neither of these products overwhelm you with the included owners manuals, and there's very little on either of their respective manuals that detail what the parts are that were included in the package.

That being said I found that...

The Akela included a female disconnect attachment in the box, that I assume is meant to be used on a pump so that the pump will fit the guns male foster fitting for filling. The issue is, that the side that would attach to the pumps hose, is also female. To connect this female quick disconnect attachment to my Hatsan pump, I would need male threads on the opposite side of the quick disconnect.

The Hatsan pump included a spare foster fitting, with a female threaded end which I wonder if I could replace the foster fitting on the gun with this one?

Open to any thoughts and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

- Joey

Disregard. After some extensive googling... found that the issue was, being that it was shipped with zero air... i had to follow a certain process to get the seals to seat and hold air. Pulling back and cocking, before attempting to fill... then dry firing a few times as well. After repeating this process a few times, the Akela is now taking in air and holding just fine. Because of the loose fit between the female QD on the pumps hose and the male foster fitting fill port on the Akela, I thought that it was not the right size for the gun. Live and learn. I'm sure I will be back with more questions.

If anyone has a link to a parts diagram for the Benjamin Akela and/or the Hatsan TactAir Stage 3 pump, it would be greatly appreciated if you shared a link. Thanks again.